An historic Cobham landmark will be opened to the public for free to celebrate its rescue.
The Darnley Mausoleum in Cobham Wood was opened by the National Trust in April after months of restoration work by volunteers, heritage organisations, Gravesham Council and locals to restore it to its neoclassical glory.
Now the award-winning monument will be free to visit on Heritage Open Day on Sunday, September 14, with volunteers on hand at the nearby South Lodge Barn from 11am to 5pm to explain the history of the project.
A guided walk from the barn to the Mausoleum is at 11.30am.
- What's on this weekend (January 31 and February 1)
- Take Yer Pic: 27 stunning readers' photos
- Dippy the diplodocus is set to retire
- 14 gorgeous nature photos showing how beautiful SE London and north Kent can be
- 7 of the best book events happening in south London in January and February