An historic Cobham landmark will be opened to the public for free to celebrate its rescue.
The Darnley Mausoleum in Cobham Wood was opened by the National Trust in April after months of restoration work by volunteers, heritage organisations, Gravesham Council and locals to restore it to its neoclassical glory.
Now the award-winning monument will be free to visit on Heritage Open Day on Sunday, September 14, with volunteers on hand at the nearby South Lodge Barn from 11am to 5pm to explain the history of the project.
A guided walk from the barn to the Mausoleum is at 11.30am.
- 10 top tips to get you swimming better from Olympic silver medallist Jazz Carlin
- Get fit with these 11 exercise classes to try out this winter - for FREE
- Light on time for the festive season at Kew
- Holidays are coming: This is where you'll be able to see the Coca-Cola Christmas truck in London
- You'll eat, drink and be merry on your break to enjoy this food festival