An historic Cobham landmark will be opened to the public for free to celebrate its rescue.
The Darnley Mausoleum in Cobham Wood was opened by the National Trust in April after months of restoration work by volunteers, heritage organisations, Gravesham Council and locals to restore it to its neoclassical glory.
Now the award-winning monument will be free to visit on Heritage Open Day on Sunday, September 14, with volunteers on hand at the nearby South Lodge Barn from 11am to 5pm to explain the history of the project.
A guided walk from the barn to the Mausoleum is at 11.30am.
- What's on: 12 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Like Disneyland but in Kent: 6 things you need to know about proposed London Paramount
- Beautiful little cottage creates a Rye smile
- What's on: 13 reasons to go out this week in south London - April 25 to May 1
- What's on - 14 reasons to go out this week in south London