Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- Best friend's plea after 16-year-old girl goes missing from Blackfen
- VIDEO: Brockley's Rivoli Ballroom in new Avengers Age of Ultron trailer
- Southeastern launches 'meet the manager' for public to find out more about Thameslink Programme
- Home Leigh Care Home, Erith set to close
- Sidcup gynaecologist Rod Irvine's alleged victims' claims could be dealt with early