Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- Expert fashion advice on buying jeans to suit your body shape
- Refurbishing a bathroom: expert home decorating tips from interior designer Jeni Madden
- Sir Ian McKellen speaks to Eltham Hill School for Stonewall
- 'Scruffy', tattooed and partially deaf man hunted over Lewisham burglaries
- Man hospitalised after Lee High Road hit and run