Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- Police concern for missing Beckenham man, David Hopkins
- Five differences between the north and south - by a real northerner
- Missing teen Keiarni Hamilton-Hughes, 16, has links with Eltham
- Welling X Factor hopeful, Charlie Jones, urges fans to 'vote for Stereo Kicks' in Movie Week
- Work begins on Swanley Gateway