Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- VIDEO: Waste4Fuel from above - another Christmas next to this mess for residents
- Pedestrian killed after being hit by car in New Cross
- PICTURED: Creative kids show skills in West Wickham
- Lewisham and Greenwich police's Christmas wish - find our most wanted men
- PICTURED: Festive fun at Slade Green party