Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- Two taken to hospital after police car crash in Bexleyheath
- Elton John, Matt Damon, Wills and Kate: Our gallery of celebrities spotted in south-east London
- WATCH: Man arrested as over 300 plants discovered in Crayford cannabis factory
- Dartford paedophile jailed again for sexually assaulting girl under 13 years old
- WATCH: Girl, 8, takes on Tesco over 'sexist' kids' clothing - do you agree with her?