Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- VIDEO: Man left with head injuries after assault in Slade Green
- 'Hugely proud' Michelin starred chef Atul Kochhar celebrates Petts Wood's Indian Essence's Bib Gourmand
- George Verrier fundraiser in Welling attended by Capital Radio DJ Dave Berry
- Police find drugs hidden in man’s underpants after stopping his car in Pratts Bottom
- Gravesend arts centre coffee morning raises £200 to fight cancer