Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- Police search for teen they believe may have gone missing in Lewisham
- 'Over 50 teenagers' rampage through Lewisham cafe - hospitalising three police officers and shopkeeper's wife
- Man who smuggled contraband into Greenwich prison jailed for over six years
- Tube chiefs and unions in talks to avoid more strikes
- Can you help Max? Carer launches appeal to help special needs child secure 'desperately needed' DIY SOS renovation