Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- UPDATE: Car 'dragged all the way down' Sidcup road by bus
- News Shopper spends a day with the British Transport Police
- Special funeral preparations underway in Hayes for UK's former tallest man
- High Court ruling on Gravesend's Heritage Quarter due on Monday
- Gravesham Labour criticised for letting foreign workers deliver leaflets on immigration control