Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- UPDATE: One still in critical condition after car ploughs into pedestrians before smashing into wall in Bellingham crash
- Prostitutes warned and two people arrested after police carry out brothel raids overnight
- Tougher rules on using mobile phones while driving come into force this week
- WEATHER: Thunderstorms and heavy rain to hit London as spring approaches
- Isis poses 'greatest terror threat since IRA London bombing campaign 40 years ago'