Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- Family of expectant dad who died in car crash in Darenth issue touching tribute
- We Are Scientists join LeeFest line-up
- APPEAL: Police hunt suspect after reported robbery in Gravesend
- Greenwich woman pleads guilty to strangling mum to death in Plumstead because she 'thought she was a witch'
- PICTURED: Chislehurst welcomes new French restaurant Oriel