Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- Sidcup man 'with the biggest heart' killed by train near Dartford station named as Leon Coulthard
- NAILED IT! Can you spot the typo in this ‘professional’ Gravesend salon sign?
- Murder probe launched as young man dies 5 days after stabbing in Lewisham
- Man, 22, in hospital after 'assault' in Slade Green Road, Erith
- GOAL: Lifelong Chelsea fan, from Hextable, wins £25k in bet on Leicester City to win the league