Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- Bexleyheath Academy teacher 'appalled' by allegations of sex with pupil
- Mum and daughter attacked and pushed off Dartford-bound train at Welling
- Will Father Christmas arrive in an ambulance this year?
- VIDEO: Greenwich pupils feed hungry shoppers with 'mince flies'
- Woolwich listed building could be demolished for Crossrail square