Bromley murder accused Daniel Atkins - who allegedly killed Ronald Parsons earlier this year - will appear at the Old Bailey again later this month.
71-year-old Mr Parsons was found dead in Laurel Court, Cambridge Road - where he lived - on March 2.
Officers had been called to reports of firearms and weapons at 10.40am.
Although there was no evidence of guns being fired, London Ambulance Service pronounced Mr Parsons dead at the scene.
Atkins, 30, also of Laurel Court, was arrested and charged with his murder.
He will appear at the Old Bailey for a plea and case management hearing on September 19.
- WATCH: Armed police arrest man 'with gun' in Sydenham
- Meet the Bagel Boss bringing snacks and protein to Woolwich
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- Three people arrested on suspicion of firearms offences after armed police stop taxi on A2 at Ebbsfleet
- Health warning issued as heatwave set to continue in London