An Orpington project has been awarded £10,000 from the Mayor of London’s volunteering programme.
The money will go towards recruiting volunteers to help young people to engage in more sports activities.
Team London was set up by Boris Johnson in 2011 to provide small grants to increase volunteering opportunities across London for young people.
So far, £813,500 has been given to support 152 projects and fund almost 12,000 volunteers.
Mr Johnson said: “It is fantastic that increasing numbers of young people are willing to give their time to build stronger communities and improve the capital by volunteering at brilliant projects.”
Veronica Wadley, the mayor’s senior volunteering advisor, said: “A key mission for Team London is to boost volunteering in local communities and the Small Grants scheme enables us to do this whilst increasing the number of young Londoners getting involved.”
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- Video recipe: Warm “Petit” Lemon and Cardamom Cake with Vanilla Bean Syrup
- Thamesmead school reveals new community facility for parents
- Film Review: Lily Collins and Sam Claflin in Love, Rosie