A group of patients have clubbed together to raise £1,000 for a new defibrillator in their Welling GP practice.
They presented the life-saving piece of equipment to Westwood Surgery in Westwood Lane on Monday (August 4).
Approximately 60,000 suffer cardiac arrest outside of hospital every year and defibrillators can play a huge role in saving someone's life.
Westwood Patient Participation Group (WPPG) secretary Linda Gardner said: 'The presentation of the defibrillator to Westwood Surgery was the culmination of many months of fundraising by our group.
"It is a life saving piece of emergency equipment which will be a valuable community resource.
"We are pleased to have reached our first fundraising target and the staff at Westwood are delighted to take possession of the equipment."
- Swanscombe drama teacher, Peter Spence, sentenced for sex offences against teenage girl
- Police discover Downham cannabis farm after 'overwhelming' smell of marijuana detected through air vent
- Orpington and Pratts Bottom men charged after railway assault left man with 'significant' head injury
- Floral tributes for Donna Eastwood who was found dead in burnt-out car in Wilmington
- PICTURED: Orchestra travel by air, land and water to launch Classical season