Eight people were evacuated and a 200m cordon was set up after a propane gas cylinder overheated at an asphalt plant in Erith.
Firefighters were called to the incident at the plant in Church Manor Way at 12.43am on Saturday morning (August 30).
They spent the next one and a half hours cooling the cylinder down.
The incident was over by 2.19am.
Although there was no fire in this case, the cordon was set up as a precaution because some cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
- Man stabbed in the back in alleged robbery in Anerley
- Can you help? Missing teen and her baby thought to be in Penge
- Man charged after series of garages are broken into in one night
- Cuddling up to Nicole Kidman and working with Werner Herzog: Petts Wood actor John Wark's job is not so bad
- 8 things you need to know about your General Election candidates: Lewisham East