Eight people were evacuated and a 200m cordon was set up after a propane gas cylinder overheated at an asphalt plant in Erith.
Firefighters were called to the incident at the plant in Church Manor Way at 12.43am on Saturday morning (August 30).
They spent the next one and a half hours cooling the cylinder down.
The incident was over by 2.19am.
Although there was no fire in this case, the cordon was set up as a precaution because some cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
- What's On: 13 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Man shot in Downham by 'two men on motorcycle'
- One person rushed to hospital after serious crash in St Mary Cray
- UPDATE: Two arrests after 15-year-old girl gang-raped in Bromley park
- JAILED: Lidl cashier who let customers through without paying for everything