Eight people were evacuated and a 200m cordon was set up after a propane gas cylinder overheated at an asphalt plant in Erith.
Firefighters were called to the incident at the plant in Church Manor Way at 12.43am on Saturday morning (August 30).
They spent the next one and a half hours cooling the cylinder down.
The incident was over by 2.19am.
Although there was no fire in this case, the cordon was set up as a precaution because some cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Driving instructor uses car park to teach bay parking for FIVE MINUTES, gets £60 fine
- UPDATE: Exams 'interrupted' after Welling school bomb threat
- INQUEST: Albanian Belmarsh inmate's cell was 'covered in faeces and urine'
- Can you help? Female jogger sexually assaulted during mid-week morning run in Thamesmead