Eight people were evacuated and a 200m cordon was set up after a propane gas cylinder overheated at an asphalt plant in Erith.
Firefighters were called to the incident at the plant in Church Manor Way at 12.43am on Saturday morning (August 30).
They spent the next one and a half hours cooling the cylinder down.
The incident was over by 2.19am.
Although there was no fire in this case, the cordon was set up as a precaution because some cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
- 200 drivers a day caught using mobile phones in weeks after crackdown
- Bromley Food Fest is returning next month and this is what’s in store
- Greenwich man jailed for sexually assaulting teen girls in 1980s
- A new retirement development is coming to Bexleyheath
- This is the shocking moment a Muslim mum was told to 'go and bomb the world' after argument in high street