Eight people were evacuated and a 200m cordon was set up after a propane gas cylinder overheated at an asphalt plant in Erith.
Firefighters were called to the incident at the plant in Church Manor Way at 12.43am on Saturday morning (August 30).
They spent the next one and a half hours cooling the cylinder down.
The incident was over by 2.19am.
Although there was no fire in this case, the cordon was set up as a precaution because some cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
- Police concern for missing Beckenham man, David Hopkins
- Five differences between the north and south - by a real northerner
- Missing teen Keiarni Hamilton-Hughes, 16, has links with Eltham
- Welling X Factor hopeful, Charlie Jones, urges fans to 'vote for Stereo Kicks' in Movie Week
- Work begins on Swanley Gateway