Eight people were evacuated and a 200m cordon was set up after a propane gas cylinder overheated at an asphalt plant in Erith.
Firefighters were called to the incident at the plant in Church Manor Way at 12.43am on Saturday morning (August 30).
They spent the next one and a half hours cooling the cylinder down.
The incident was over by 2.19am.
Although there was no fire in this case, the cordon was set up as a precaution because some cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
- Self-harm figures drop in London in the middle of ‘epidemic’
- 150 Christmas trees stolen from Orpington family farm
- New mobile game Snatch lets players win real prizes by 'stealing' from others
- Emaciated dead dog found dumped in Downham park
- Lung cancer breakthrough: New test could spot if you've got disease five years earlier than scans