Eight people were evacuated and a 200m cordon was set up after a propane gas cylinder overheated at an asphalt plant in Erith.
Firefighters were called to the incident at the plant in Church Manor Way at 12.43am on Saturday morning (August 30).
They spent the next one and a half hours cooling the cylinder down.
The incident was over by 2.19am.
Although there was no fire in this case, the cordon was set up as a precaution because some cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
- Man accused of murdering EastEnders actress and children in Erith to enter pleas
- Captain America: Civil War - all the highlights from the London press conference
- Plenty of wet weather set for bank holiday weekend
- Latest news, traffic and weather from SE London and north Kent, April 29
- Traffic light failure in Lewisham High Street causing heavy traffic