Eight people were evacuated and a 200m cordon was set up after a propane gas cylinder overheated at an asphalt plant in Erith.
Firefighters were called to the incident at the plant in Church Manor Way at 12.43am on Saturday morning (August 30).
They spent the next one and a half hours cooling the cylinder down.
The incident was over by 2.19am.
Although there was no fire in this case, the cordon was set up as a precaution because some cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
- Bar The Beckenham to close its doors
- Catwalk shows, prize giveaways and family fun at Intu Bromley's Fashion Month
- Lewisham cop reveals new female borough commander
- PICTURED: Beckenham school ships minivan to Malawi
- Tiny puppy stolen from Erith home