Polish in Bromley, Punjabi in Bexley, Nepalese in Greenwich: second most spoken languages after English

The map created by reddit and tweeted by RandomlyLondon

The map created by reddit and tweeted by RandomlyLondon

First published in News
Last updated

A map has revealed the second most commonly spoken language in each London borough.

Polish is the most popular in both Bromley and Lewisham after English and is the second most spoken language in England and Wales overall.

The most second most spoken language in Greenwich is Nepalese and in Bexley it is Punjabi.

The information was gathered through the 2011 Census, created through reddit and tweeted by blogger RandomlyLondon earlier this month.

Altogether four boroughs have second languages from within the EU, 14 boroughs have second languages from countries in the Indian sub-continent and 5 have speakers from elsewhere.

In Croydon the second most spoken language is Tamil and in Southwark it is Spanish.

The census provides a detailed insight into the population and its characteristics, and underpin funding allocation to provide public services.

The population of England and Wales on Census Day (March 27, 2011) was 56,075,912.

What do you think of the results?

Comments (28)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:22pm Thu 28 Aug 14

sarfflondonbird says...

Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.
Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language. sarfflondonbird
  • Score: -46

5:43pm Thu 28 Aug 14

hooper88 says...

sarfflondonbird wrote:
Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.
If it wasnt for people of different cultures you'd have nothin to talk about
[quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.[/p][/quote]If it wasnt for people of different cultures you'd have nothin to talk about hooper88
  • Score: 23

9:08am Fri 29 Aug 14

kentlad says...

sarfflondonbird wrote:
Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.
Totally Agree we are obviously more street wise compared to some of the people who walk around with their head up their @@@@!

Be interesting to know what percentage work too i guarantee you will find a higher percentage from the EU are claiming.
[quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.[/p][/quote]Totally Agree we are obviously more street wise compared to some of the people who walk around with their head up their @@@@! Be interesting to know what percentage work too i guarantee you will find a higher percentage from the EU are claiming. kentlad
  • Score: 79

9:46am Fri 29 Aug 14

Bestbaz says...

Would also be interesting that the NS publish the percentage per race of crime, council housing, benefit claimants in each borough. That's just for starters. Most of this should be available under the Freedom of Information from the government and local government departments
Would also be interesting that the NS publish the percentage per race of crime, council housing, benefit claimants in each borough. That's just for starters. Most of this should be available under the Freedom of Information from the government and local government departments Bestbaz
  • Score: 25

10:19am Fri 29 Aug 14

bnorther says...

Bestbaz wrote:
Would also be interesting that the NS publish the percentage per race of crime, council housing, benefit claimants in each borough. That's just for starters. Most of this should be available under the Freedom of Information from the government and local government departments
But that would be sloppy journalism. Correlation does not imply causation.
[quote][p][bold]Bestbaz[/bold] wrote: Would also be interesting that the NS publish the percentage per race of crime, council housing, benefit claimants in each borough. That's just for starters. Most of this should be available under the Freedom of Information from the government and local government departments[/p][/quote]But that would be sloppy journalism. Correlation does not imply causation. bnorther
  • Score: 110

10:49am Fri 29 Aug 14

Miknal says...

Highly misleading map. For example, 7.4% of the people in Newham speak Bengali, but only 0.7 people in Bexley speak Punjabi. In fact, the percentage of Newham that speaks Bengali is larger than all non english speakers in Bexley combined!

The statistics are below, and freely available to all.

http://www.ons.gov.u
k/ons/rel/census/201
1-census/key-statist
ics-and-quick-statis
tics-for-wards-and-o
utput-areas-in-engla
nd-and-wales/rft-qs2
04ew.xls
Highly misleading map. For example, 7.4% of the people in Newham speak Bengali, but only 0.7 people in Bexley speak Punjabi. In fact, the percentage of Newham that speaks Bengali is larger than all non english speakers in Bexley combined! The statistics are below, and freely available to all. http://www.ons.gov.u k/ons/rel/census/201 1-census/key-statist ics-and-quick-statis tics-for-wards-and-o utput-areas-in-engla nd-and-wales/rft-qs2 04ew.xls Miknal
  • Score: 35

11:58am Fri 29 Aug 14

hooper88 says...

It's suprising anyone of any culture wants to live here at all with all the morons giving them abuse. Imagine if all white people were judged for the crimes of stupid white people. Culture should be celebrated an everyone should be treated as individuals but I guess most people don't think beyond that would be good to see less of the culture bashin on here.
It's suprising anyone of any culture wants to live here at all with all the morons giving them abuse. Imagine if all white people were judged for the crimes of stupid white people. Culture should be celebrated an everyone should be treated as individuals but I guess most people don't think beyond that would be good to see less of the culture bashin on here. hooper88
  • Score: 79

12:58pm Fri 29 Aug 14

goldenbroomboy says...

Miknal wrote:
Highly misleading map. For example, 7.4% of the people in Newham speak Bengali, but only 0.7 people in Bexley speak Punjabi. In fact, the percentage of Newham that speaks Bengali is larger than all non english speakers in Bexley combined!

The statistics are below, and freely available to all.

http://www.ons.gov.u

k/ons/rel/census/201

1-census/key-statist

ics-and-quick-statis

tics-for-wards-and-o

utput-areas-in-engla

nd-and-wales/rft-qs2

04ew.xls
Spot on. The outer boroughs have little in common with the former LCC area. Take away Orpington College & the second most spoken language in the town would not be Polish, but Irish Traveller.
[quote][p][bold]Miknal[/bold] wrote: Highly misleading map. For example, 7.4% of the people in Newham speak Bengali, but only 0.7 people in Bexley speak Punjabi. In fact, the percentage of Newham that speaks Bengali is larger than all non english speakers in Bexley combined! The statistics are below, and freely available to all. http://www.ons.gov.u k/ons/rel/census/201 1-census/key-statist ics-and-quick-statis tics-for-wards-and-o utput-areas-in-engla nd-and-wales/rft-qs2 04ew.xls[/p][/quote]Spot on. The outer boroughs have little in common with the former LCC area. Take away Orpington College & the second most spoken language in the town would not be Polish, but Irish Traveller. goldenbroomboy
  • Score: 30

1:18pm Fri 29 Aug 14

kentlad says...

hooper88 wrote:
It's suprising anyone of any culture wants to live here at all with all the morons giving them abuse. Imagine if all white people were judged for the crimes of stupid white people. Culture should be celebrated an everyone should be treated as individuals but I guess most people don't think beyond that would be good to see less of the culture bashin on here.
They all want to live here because of what they get in return and its obviously nicer than where they come from otherwise why would they move? mmm maybe because the UK us soft and an easy target!

I would like to move to Australia or New Zealand but, they have tight immigration rules preventing me from entering the country do you get the message?
[quote][p][bold]hooper88[/bold] wrote: It's suprising anyone of any culture wants to live here at all with all the morons giving them abuse. Imagine if all white people were judged for the crimes of stupid white people. Culture should be celebrated an everyone should be treated as individuals but I guess most people don't think beyond that would be good to see less of the culture bashin on here.[/p][/quote]They all want to live here because of what they get in return and its obviously nicer than where they come from otherwise why would they move? mmm maybe because the UK us soft and an easy target! I would like to move to Australia or New Zealand but, they have tight immigration rules preventing me from entering the country do you get the message? kentlad
  • Score: 13

4:52pm Fri 29 Aug 14

Bestbaz says...

Miknal wrote:
Highly misleading map. For example, 7.4% of the people in Newham speak Bengali, but only 0.7 people in Bexley speak Punjabi. In fact, the percentage of Newham that speaks Bengali is larger than all non english speakers in Bexley combined!

The statistics are below, and freely available to all.

http://www.ons.gov.u

k/ons/rel/census/201

1-census/key-statist

ics-and-quick-statis

tics-for-wards-and-o

utput-areas-in-engla

nd-and-wales/rft-qs2

04ew.xls
I imagine that there is a high proportion of Newham residents, especially female who cannot (or will not) speak one word of English. If they choose to come to reside in England, then speak the language.
[quote][p][bold]Miknal[/bold] wrote: Highly misleading map. For example, 7.4% of the people in Newham speak Bengali, but only 0.7 people in Bexley speak Punjabi. In fact, the percentage of Newham that speaks Bengali is larger than all non english speakers in Bexley combined! The statistics are below, and freely available to all. http://www.ons.gov.u k/ons/rel/census/201 1-census/key-statist ics-and-quick-statis tics-for-wards-and-o utput-areas-in-engla nd-and-wales/rft-qs2 04ew.xls[/p][/quote]I imagine that there is a high proportion of Newham residents, especially female who cannot (or will not) speak one word of English. If they choose to come to reside in England, then speak the language. Bestbaz
  • Score: 65

5:48pm Fri 29 Aug 14

Miknal says...

Bestbaz wrote:
Miknal wrote:
Highly misleading map. For example, 7.4% of the people in Newham speak Bengali, but only 0.7 people in Bexley speak Punjabi. In fact, the percentage of Newham that speaks Bengali is larger than all non english speakers in Bexley combined!

The statistics are below, and freely available to all.

http://www.ons.gov.u


k/ons/rel/census/201


1-census/key-statist


ics-and-quick-statis


tics-for-wards-and-o


utput-areas-in-engla


nd-and-wales/rft-qs2


04ew.xls
I imagine that there is a high proportion of Newham residents, especially female who cannot (or will not) speak one word of English. If they choose to come to reside in England, then speak the language.
You are aware the map, and stats, only show first language, and do not in anyway show whether people have learnt English or not? So if a Frenchman comes over, and speaks fluent English, he will still show up as speaking French as a first language.
[quote][p][bold]Bestbaz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Miknal[/bold] wrote: Highly misleading map. For example, 7.4% of the people in Newham speak Bengali, but only 0.7 people in Bexley speak Punjabi. In fact, the percentage of Newham that speaks Bengali is larger than all non english speakers in Bexley combined! The statistics are below, and freely available to all. http://www.ons.gov.u k/ons/rel/census/201 1-census/key-statist ics-and-quick-statis tics-for-wards-and-o utput-areas-in-engla nd-and-wales/rft-qs2 04ew.xls[/p][/quote]I imagine that there is a high proportion of Newham residents, especially female who cannot (or will not) speak one word of English. If they choose to come to reside in England, then speak the language.[/p][/quote]You are aware the map, and stats, only show first language, and do not in anyway show whether people have learnt English or not? So if a Frenchman comes over, and speaks fluent English, he will still show up as speaking French as a first language. Miknal
  • Score: 35

8:55pm Fri 29 Aug 14

Harold_Monk says...

I'm glad in a way that my parents aren't around to see that map. It would break their hearts
I'm glad in a way that my parents aren't around to see that map. It would break their hearts Harold_Monk
  • Score: 65

10:36pm Fri 29 Aug 14

Fisherman Pete says...

Personally I think the second most spoken language is mockney
Personally I think the second most spoken language is mockney Fisherman Pete
  • Score: 35

10:55pm Fri 29 Aug 14

Miknal says...

kentlad wrote:
sarfflondonbird wrote:
Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.
Totally Agree we are obviously more street wise compared to some of the people who walk around with their head up their @@@@!

Be interesting to know what percentage work too i guarantee you will find a higher percentage from the EU are claiming.
http://blogs.channel
4.com/factcheck/fact
check-immigrants-pay
/16332

They claim less than the average.
[quote][p][bold]kentlad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.[/p][/quote]Totally Agree we are obviously more street wise compared to some of the people who walk around with their head up their @@@@! Be interesting to know what percentage work too i guarantee you will find a higher percentage from the EU are claiming.[/p][/quote]http://blogs.channel 4.com/factcheck/fact check-immigrants-pay /16332 They claim less than the average. Miknal
  • Score: 125

5:30pm Sat 30 Aug 14

mouthalmighty says...

What was the purpose of writing this article? Oooh ooooh meeeee ! I know! Building racial tenion . Some good points raised in the comments though.
What was the purpose of writing this article? Oooh ooooh meeeee ! I know! Building racial tenion . Some good points raised in the comments though. mouthalmighty
  • Score: 61

6:16pm Sat 30 Aug 14

sarfflondonbird says...

kentlad wrote:
hooper88 wrote:
It's suprising anyone of any culture wants to live here at all with all the morons giving them abuse. Imagine if all white people were judged for the crimes of stupid white people. Culture should be celebrated an everyone should be treated as individuals but I guess most people don't think beyond that would be good to see less of the culture bashin on here.
They all want to live here because of what they get in return and its obviously nicer than where they come from otherwise why would they move? mmm maybe because the UK us soft and an easy target!

I would like to move to Australia or New Zealand but, they have tight immigration rules preventing me from entering the country do you get the message?
Kentlad, you hit the nail right on the head. I too would love to move to Australia or New Zealand but for their stringent nd albeit, understandable rules on immigration, its impossibke. Some of these multi cultural do gooders on here such as hooper 88 are the reason the true English are becoming both ashamed of what the country now has in store and the fact that their parents never thought for all this lot to just walk in and bring the country to its knees as well as tarnish its reputation abroad.
[quote][p][bold]kentlad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hooper88[/bold] wrote: It's suprising anyone of any culture wants to live here at all with all the morons giving them abuse. Imagine if all white people were judged for the crimes of stupid white people. Culture should be celebrated an everyone should be treated as individuals but I guess most people don't think beyond that would be good to see less of the culture bashin on here.[/p][/quote]They all want to live here because of what they get in return and its obviously nicer than where they come from otherwise why would they move? mmm maybe because the UK us soft and an easy target! I would like to move to Australia or New Zealand but, they have tight immigration rules preventing me from entering the country do you get the message?[/p][/quote]Kentlad, you hit the nail right on the head. I too would love to move to Australia or New Zealand but for their stringent nd albeit, understandable rules on immigration, its impossibke. Some of these multi cultural do gooders on here such as hooper 88 are the reason the true English are becoming both ashamed of what the country now has in store and the fact that their parents never thought for all this lot to just walk in and bring the country to its knees as well as tarnish its reputation abroad. sarfflondonbird
  • Score: -114

6:23pm Sat 30 Aug 14

sarfflondonbird says...

hooper88 wrote:
If it wasnt for people of different cultures you'd have nothin to talk about
Too true, and wouldnt this country be a nicer place for the lesser shared experience of mullticulturalism and the joys (correction terror) it brings to our streets, not to mention that their would be more housing, schools, decent nhs service and less loss of greenbelt etc. for our own children/grandchildr
en to safely live in, without seeing the corrupt cultures brought over by non natives?
[quote][p][bold]hooper88[/bold] wrote: If it wasnt for people of different cultures you'd have nothin to talk about[/p][/quote]Too true, and wouldnt this country be a nicer place for the lesser shared experience of mullticulturalism and the joys (correction terror) it brings to our streets, not to mention that their would be more housing, schools, decent nhs service and less loss of greenbelt etc. for our own children/grandchildr en to safely live in, without seeing the corrupt cultures brought over by non natives? sarfflondonbird
  • Score: -52

6:27pm Sat 30 Aug 14

sarfflondonbird says...

sarfflondonbird wrote:
kentlad wrote:
hooper88 wrote:
It's suprising anyone of any culture wants to live here at all with all the morons giving them abuse. Imagine if all white people were judged for the crimes of stupid white people. Culture should be celebrated an everyone should be treated as individuals but I guess most people don't think beyond that would be good to see less of the culture bashin on here.
They all want to live here because of what they get in return and its obviously nicer than where they come from otherwise why would they move? mmm maybe because the UK us soft and an easy target!

I would like to move to Australia or New Zealand but, they have tight immigration rules preventing me from entering the country do you get the message?
Kentlad, you hit the nail right on the head. I too would love to move to Australia or New Zealand but for their stringent nd albeit, understandable rules on immigration, its impossibke. Some of these multi cultural do gooders on here such as hooper 88 are the reason the true English are becoming both ashamed of what the country now has in store and the fact that their parents never thought for all this lot to just walk in and bring the country to its knees as well as tarnish its reputation abroad.
Sorry, that should read fought as in 2 world wars...
[quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kentlad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hooper88[/bold] wrote: It's suprising anyone of any culture wants to live here at all with all the morons giving them abuse. Imagine if all white people were judged for the crimes of stupid white people. Culture should be celebrated an everyone should be treated as individuals but I guess most people don't think beyond that would be good to see less of the culture bashin on here.[/p][/quote]They all want to live here because of what they get in return and its obviously nicer than where they come from otherwise why would they move? mmm maybe because the UK us soft and an easy target! I would like to move to Australia or New Zealand but, they have tight immigration rules preventing me from entering the country do you get the message?[/p][/quote]Kentlad, you hit the nail right on the head. I too would love to move to Australia or New Zealand but for their stringent nd albeit, understandable rules on immigration, its impossibke. Some of these multi cultural do gooders on here such as hooper 88 are the reason the true English are becoming both ashamed of what the country now has in store and the fact that their parents never thought for all this lot to just walk in and bring the country to its knees as well as tarnish its reputation abroad.[/p][/quote]Sorry, that should read fought as in 2 world wars... sarfflondonbird
  • Score: -145

10:59pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Miknal says...

sarfflondonbird wrote:
kentlad wrote:
hooper88 wrote:
It's suprising anyone of any culture wants to live here at all with all the morons giving them abuse. Imagine if all white people were judged for the crimes of stupid white people. Culture should be celebrated an everyone should be treated as individuals but I guess most people don't think beyond that would be good to see less of the culture bashin on here.
They all want to live here because of what they get in return and its obviously nicer than where they come from otherwise why would they move? mmm maybe because the UK us soft and an easy target!

I would like to move to Australia or New Zealand but, they have tight immigration rules preventing me from entering the country do you get the message?
Kentlad, you hit the nail right on the head. I too would love to move to Australia or New Zealand but for their stringent nd albeit, understandable rules on immigration, its impossibke. Some of these multi cultural do gooders on here such as hooper 88 are the reason the true English are becoming both ashamed of what the country now has in store and the fact that their parents never thought for all this lot to just walk in and bring the country to its knees as well as tarnish its reputation abroad.
Given that a lot of immigration is either European, or from countries that used to be in the British empire, I think you'll find a lot of the immigrants also have parents and grandparents who fought with us in both world wars.
[quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kentlad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hooper88[/bold] wrote: It's suprising anyone of any culture wants to live here at all with all the morons giving them abuse. Imagine if all white people were judged for the crimes of stupid white people. Culture should be celebrated an everyone should be treated as individuals but I guess most people don't think beyond that would be good to see less of the culture bashin on here.[/p][/quote]They all want to live here because of what they get in return and its obviously nicer than where they come from otherwise why would they move? mmm maybe because the UK us soft and an easy target! I would like to move to Australia or New Zealand but, they have tight immigration rules preventing me from entering the country do you get the message?[/p][/quote]Kentlad, you hit the nail right on the head. I too would love to move to Australia or New Zealand but for their stringent nd albeit, understandable rules on immigration, its impossibke. Some of these multi cultural do gooders on here such as hooper 88 are the reason the true English are becoming both ashamed of what the country now has in store and the fact that their parents never thought for all this lot to just walk in and bring the country to its knees as well as tarnish its reputation abroad.[/p][/quote]Given that a lot of immigration is either European, or from countries that used to be in the British empire, I think you'll find a lot of the immigrants also have parents and grandparents who fought with us in both world wars. Miknal
  • Score: 30

11:16pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Miknal says...

sarfflondonbird wrote:
hooper88 wrote:
If it wasnt for people of different cultures you'd have nothin to talk about
Too true, and wouldnt this country be a nicer place for the lesser shared experience of mullticulturalism and the joys (correction terror) it brings to our streets, not to mention that their would be more housing, schools, decent nhs service and less loss of greenbelt etc. for our own children/grandchildr

en to safely live in, without seeing the corrupt cultures brought over by non natives?
http://blog.shelter.
org.uk/2013/11/a-fai
r-way-do-we-prioriti
se-golf-or-homes/

We use more land for golf courses than housing. There is tons of space in the uk.
[quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hooper88[/bold] wrote: If it wasnt for people of different cultures you'd have nothin to talk about[/p][/quote]Too true, and wouldnt this country be a nicer place for the lesser shared experience of mullticulturalism and the joys (correction terror) it brings to our streets, not to mention that their would be more housing, schools, decent nhs service and less loss of greenbelt etc. for our own children/grandchildr en to safely live in, without seeing the corrupt cultures brought over by non natives?[/p][/quote]http://blog.shelter. org.uk/2013/11/a-fai r-way-do-we-prioriti se-golf-or-homes/ We use more land for golf courses than housing. There is tons of space in the uk. Miknal
  • Score: 37

1:21pm Sun 31 Aug 14

mouthalmighty says...

Sarflondonbird, you have really showed your true colours. So much rage has rendered incapable of stringing a sentence together that makes sense. Get a grip. I thought you were intelligent and fair minded.
Sarflondonbird, you have really showed your true colours. So much rage has rendered incapable of stringing a sentence together that makes sense. Get a grip. I thought you were intelligent and fair minded. mouthalmighty
  • Score: 24

1:28pm Sun 31 Aug 14

Wiff180 says...

kentlad wrote:
sarfflondonbird wrote:
Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.
Totally Agree we are obviously more street wise compared to some of the people who walk around with their head up their @@@@!

Be interesting to know what percentage work too i guarantee you will find a higher percentage from the EU are claiming.
Well said both, but I'd go further and wonder what the face of the UK will look like in 40 yrs time or so. I think it's massively depressing the nation is loosing it's identity.
[quote][p][bold]kentlad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.[/p][/quote]Totally Agree we are obviously more street wise compared to some of the people who walk around with their head up their @@@@! Be interesting to know what percentage work too i guarantee you will find a higher percentage from the EU are claiming.[/p][/quote]Well said both, but I'd go further and wonder what the face of the UK will look like in 40 yrs time or so. I think it's massively depressing the nation is loosing it's identity. Wiff180
  • Score: -50

4:48pm Sun 31 Aug 14

sarfflondonbird says...

Miknal wrote:
sarfflondonbird wrote:
hooper88 wrote:
If it wasnt for people of different cultures you'd have nothin to talk about
Too true, and wouldnt this country be a nicer place for the lesser shared experience of mullticulturalism and the joys (correction terror) it brings to our streets, not to mention that their would be more housing, schools, decent nhs service and less loss of greenbelt etc. for our own children/grandchildr


en to safely live in, without seeing the corrupt cultures brought over by non natives?
http://blog.shelter.

org.uk/2013/11/a-fai

r-way-do-we-prioriti

se-golf-or-homes/

We use more land for golf courses than housing. There is tons of space in the uk.
Your point about the golf courses are merely correct, although I hear that not even they are safe these days. The tons of space in the uk that you refer to wont be tonnes over the next 50 odd years if this government and it's successors carry on with their plans of selling off land here and there,blimey, and inviting every nation for what ever reason they want to be here!!!! and however they get into the country with all of their families, wanting housing,schooling,sh
ops,hospitals,surger
ies etc. in other words, building more towns.
Land is being sold off by farmers who no longer can maintain the fields; houses with any land surrounding (even picturesque sites) are being sold off so that bloody great blocks of flats can be built on them.
All the countryside that we possess will eventually turn into concrete jungles if something is not done to curb the influx of people onto this small island.
[quote][p][bold]Miknal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hooper88[/bold] wrote: If it wasnt for people of different cultures you'd have nothin to talk about[/p][/quote]Too true, and wouldnt this country be a nicer place for the lesser shared experience of mullticulturalism and the joys (correction terror) it brings to our streets, not to mention that their would be more housing, schools, decent nhs service and less loss of greenbelt etc. for our own children/grandchildr en to safely live in, without seeing the corrupt cultures brought over by non natives?[/p][/quote]http://blog.shelter. org.uk/2013/11/a-fai r-way-do-we-prioriti se-golf-or-homes/ We use more land for golf courses than housing. There is tons of space in the uk.[/p][/quote]Your point about the golf courses are merely correct, although I hear that not even they are safe these days. The tons of space in the uk that you refer to wont be tonnes over the next 50 odd years if this government and it's successors carry on with their plans of selling off land here and there,blimey, and inviting every nation for what ever reason they want to be here!!!! and however they get into the country with all of their families, wanting housing,schooling,sh ops,hospitals,surger ies etc. in other words, building more towns. Land is being sold off by farmers who no longer can maintain the fields; houses with any land surrounding (even picturesque sites) are being sold off so that bloody great blocks of flats can be built on them. All the countryside that we possess will eventually turn into concrete jungles if something is not done to curb the influx of people onto this small island. sarfflondonbird
  • Score: -6

6:01pm Sun 31 Aug 14

Miknal says...

sarfflondonbird wrote:
Miknal wrote:
sarfflondonbird wrote:
hooper88 wrote:
If it wasnt for people of different cultures you'd have nothin to talk about
Too true, and wouldnt this country be a nicer place for the lesser shared experience of mullticulturalism and the joys (correction terror) it brings to our streets, not to mention that their would be more housing, schools, decent nhs service and less loss of greenbelt etc. for our own children/grandchildr



en to safely live in, without seeing the corrupt cultures brought over by non natives?
http://blog.shelter.


org.uk/2013/11/a-fai


r-way-do-we-prioriti


se-golf-or-homes/

We use more land for golf courses than housing. There is tons of space in the uk.
Your point about the golf courses are merely correct, although I hear that not even they are safe these days. The tons of space in the uk that you refer to wont be tonnes over the next 50 odd years if this government and it's successors carry on with their plans of selling off land here and there,blimey, and inviting every nation for what ever reason they want to be here!!!! and however they get into the country with all of their families, wanting housing,schooling,sh

ops,hospitals,surger

ies etc. in other words, building more towns.
Land is being sold off by farmers who no longer can maintain the fields; houses with any land surrounding (even picturesque sites) are being sold off so that bloody great blocks of flats can be built on them.
All the countryside that we possess will eventually turn into concrete jungles if something is not done to curb the influx of people onto this small island.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/n
ews/uk-18623096

6.8% of the uk is currently built on. We will not be running out any time soon. And planning regulations tightly control what can be built on greenbelt land. Which is what creates a lot if the price pressure in the first place.
[quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Miknal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hooper88[/bold] wrote: If it wasnt for people of different cultures you'd have nothin to talk about[/p][/quote]Too true, and wouldnt this country be a nicer place for the lesser shared experience of mullticulturalism and the joys (correction terror) it brings to our streets, not to mention that their would be more housing, schools, decent nhs service and less loss of greenbelt etc. for our own children/grandchildr en to safely live in, without seeing the corrupt cultures brought over by non natives?[/p][/quote]http://blog.shelter. org.uk/2013/11/a-fai r-way-do-we-prioriti se-golf-or-homes/ We use more land for golf courses than housing. There is tons of space in the uk.[/p][/quote]Your point about the golf courses are merely correct, although I hear that not even they are safe these days. The tons of space in the uk that you refer to wont be tonnes over the next 50 odd years if this government and it's successors carry on with their plans of selling off land here and there,blimey, and inviting every nation for what ever reason they want to be here!!!! and however they get into the country with all of their families, wanting housing,schooling,sh ops,hospitals,surger ies etc. in other words, building more towns. Land is being sold off by farmers who no longer can maintain the fields; houses with any land surrounding (even picturesque sites) are being sold off so that bloody great blocks of flats can be built on them. All the countryside that we possess will eventually turn into concrete jungles if something is not done to curb the influx of people onto this small island.[/p][/quote]http://m.bbc.co.uk/n ews/uk-18623096 6.8% of the uk is currently built on. We will not be running out any time soon. And planning regulations tightly control what can be built on greenbelt land. Which is what creates a lot if the price pressure in the first place. Miknal
  • Score: 15

4:54am Mon 1 Sep 14

sarfflondonbird says...

Miknal wrote:
sarfflondonbird wrote:
Miknal wrote:
sarfflondonbird wrote:
hooper88 wrote:
If it wasnt for people of different cultures you'd have nothin to talk about
Too true, and wouldnt this country be a nicer place for the lesser shared experience of mullticulturalism and the joys (correction terror) it brings to our streets, not to mention that their would be more housing, schools, decent nhs service and less loss of greenbelt etc. for our own children/grandchildr




en to safely live in, without seeing the corrupt cultures brought over by non natives?
http://blog.shelter.



org.uk/2013/11/a-fai



r-way-do-we-prioriti



se-golf-or-homes/

We use more land for golf courses than housing. There is tons of space in the uk.
Your point about the golf courses are merely correct, although I hear that not even they are safe these days. The tons of space in the uk that you refer to wont be tonnes over the next 50 odd years if this government and it's successors carry on with their plans of selling off land here and there,blimey, and inviting every nation for what ever reason they want to be here!!!! and however they get into the country with all of their families, wanting housing,schooling,sh


ops,hospitals,surger


ies etc. in other words, building more towns.
Land is being sold off by farmers who no longer can maintain the fields; houses with any land surrounding (even picturesque sites) are being sold off so that bloody great blocks of flats can be built on them.
All the countryside that we possess will eventually turn into concrete jungles if something is not done to curb the influx of people onto this small island.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/n

ews/uk-18623096

6.8% of the uk is currently built on. We will not be running out any time soon. And planning regulations tightly control what can be built on greenbelt land. Which is what creates a lot if the price pressure in the first place.
Dont bet on it. Rules are made for breaking....arent they?
[quote][p][bold]Miknal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Miknal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hooper88[/bold] wrote: If it wasnt for people of different cultures you'd have nothin to talk about[/p][/quote]Too true, and wouldnt this country be a nicer place for the lesser shared experience of mullticulturalism and the joys (correction terror) it brings to our streets, not to mention that their would be more housing, schools, decent nhs service and less loss of greenbelt etc. for our own children/grandchildr en to safely live in, without seeing the corrupt cultures brought over by non natives?[/p][/quote]http://blog.shelter. org.uk/2013/11/a-fai r-way-do-we-prioriti se-golf-or-homes/ We use more land for golf courses than housing. There is tons of space in the uk.[/p][/quote]Your point about the golf courses are merely correct, although I hear that not even they are safe these days. The tons of space in the uk that you refer to wont be tonnes over the next 50 odd years if this government and it's successors carry on with their plans of selling off land here and there,blimey, and inviting every nation for what ever reason they want to be here!!!! and however they get into the country with all of their families, wanting housing,schooling,sh ops,hospitals,surger ies etc. in other words, building more towns. Land is being sold off by farmers who no longer can maintain the fields; houses with any land surrounding (even picturesque sites) are being sold off so that bloody great blocks of flats can be built on them. All the countryside that we possess will eventually turn into concrete jungles if something is not done to curb the influx of people onto this small island.[/p][/quote]http://m.bbc.co.uk/n ews/uk-18623096 6.8% of the uk is currently built on. We will not be running out any time soon. And planning regulations tightly control what can be built on greenbelt land. Which is what creates a lot if the price pressure in the first place.[/p][/quote]Dont bet on it. Rules are made for breaking....arent they? sarfflondonbird
  • Score: 10

12:58pm Mon 1 Sep 14

sarfflondonbird says...

Miknal wrote:
kentlad wrote:
sarfflondonbird wrote:
Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.
Totally Agree we are obviously more street wise compared to some of the people who walk around with their head up their @@@@!

Be interesting to know what percentage work too i guarantee you will find a higher percentage from the EU are claiming.
http://blogs.channel

4.com/factcheck/fact

check-immigrants-pay

/16332

They claim less than the average.
On record, unofficially, they are up to all sorts of scams defrauding on the benefits and housing benefits etc. is just one.
[quote][p][bold]Miknal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kentlad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.[/p][/quote]Totally Agree we are obviously more street wise compared to some of the people who walk around with their head up their @@@@! Be interesting to know what percentage work too i guarantee you will find a higher percentage from the EU are claiming.[/p][/quote]http://blogs.channel 4.com/factcheck/fact check-immigrants-pay /16332 They claim less than the average.[/p][/quote]On record, unofficially, they are up to all sorts of scams defrauding on the benefits and housing benefits etc. is just one. sarfflondonbird
  • Score: -69

1:11pm Mon 1 Sep 14

kentlad says...

sarfflondonbird wrote:
Miknal wrote:
kentlad wrote:
sarfflondonbird wrote:
Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.
Totally Agree we are obviously more street wise compared to some of the people who walk around with their head up their @@@@!

Be interesting to know what percentage work too i guarantee you will find a higher percentage from the EU are claiming.
http://blogs.channel


4.com/factcheck/fact


check-immigrants-pay


/16332

They claim less than the average.
On record, unofficially, they are up to all sorts of scams defrauding on the benefits and housing benefits etc. is just one.
Claim less than the UK average my @#@e!!!!

Watch Stacey Dooley on Luton that will give you an idea of what we are up against. People who have chosen to come to the UK for a so called better life and yet they have so much hatred for the British people!
[quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Miknal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kentlad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: Don't you mean English is the last language to be spoken in the borough's ther days? All you hear on any steet now is every other country's language.[/p][/quote]Totally Agree we are obviously more street wise compared to some of the people who walk around with their head up their @@@@! Be interesting to know what percentage work too i guarantee you will find a higher percentage from the EU are claiming.[/p][/quote]http://blogs.channel 4.com/factcheck/fact check-immigrants-pay /16332 They claim less than the average.[/p][/quote]On record, unofficially, they are up to all sorts of scams defrauding on the benefits and housing benefits etc. is just one.[/p][/quote]Claim less than the UK average my @#@e!!!! Watch Stacey Dooley on Luton that will give you an idea of what we are up against. People who have chosen to come to the UK for a so called better life and yet they have so much hatred for the British people! kentlad
  • Score: 30

12:08am Tue 16 Sep 14

JamesViktor says...

goldenbroomboy wrote:
Miknal wrote:
Highly misleading map. For example, 7.4% of the people in Newham speak Bengali, but only 0.7 people in Bexley speak Punjabi. In fact, the percentage of Newham that speaks Bengali is larger than all non english speakers in Bexley combined!

The statistics are below, and freely available to all.

http://www.ons.gov.u


k/ons/rel/census/201


1-census/key-statist


ics-and-quick-statis


tics-for-wards-and-o


utput-areas-in-engla


nd-and-wales/rft-qs2


04ew.xls
Spot on. The outer boroughs have little in common with the former LCC area. Take away Orpington College & the second most spoken language in the town would not be Polish, but Irish Traveller.
But Newham was never part of the former LCC area, or are you going to deny this too?
[quote][p][bold]goldenbroomboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Miknal[/bold] wrote: Highly misleading map. For example, 7.4% of the people in Newham speak Bengali, but only 0.7 people in Bexley speak Punjabi. In fact, the percentage of Newham that speaks Bengali is larger than all non english speakers in Bexley combined! The statistics are below, and freely available to all. http://www.ons.gov.u k/ons/rel/census/201 1-census/key-statist ics-and-quick-statis tics-for-wards-and-o utput-areas-in-engla nd-and-wales/rft-qs2 04ew.xls[/p][/quote]Spot on. The outer boroughs have little in common with the former LCC area. Take away Orpington College & the second most spoken language in the town would not be Polish, but Irish Traveller.[/p][/quote]But Newham was never part of the former LCC area, or are you going to deny this too? JamesViktor
  • Score: 65

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree