A crash between a lorry and a car caused traffic chaos on the A2 this morning (August 28).
Two fire engines were called to the incident involving a car and a lorry at 6am and crews spent around an hour at the scene.
Firefighters cut the man out of the vehicle by removing the car roof and then placing him on a spinal long board.
A South East Coast Ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at around 5.50am to a collision between a car and a lorry on the A2 London-bound by Swanscombe.
"It is thought the car driver hit a wall before hitting the lorry.
“A man, in his 30s, who had been driving the car, was suffering from back and shoulder pain as well as general discomfort. He was not thought to be seriously injured.
“He was taken to Medway Maritime Hospital."
- Pet of the Day: Aldous is cuddly...for a snake
- Stat Chat: More grateful for iPhone than light bulb! Top 10 American exports we're thankful for
- Girl at centre of Bexleyheath Academy teacher sex trial 'undoubtedly lied'
- ‘National Treasure’ Jim Broadbent and Rafe Spall discuss ‘warm and fuzzy’ Father Christmas in Get Santa
- VIDEO: Shopper chopper shows Petts Wood from above