A crash between a lorry and a car caused traffic chaos on the A2 this morning (August 28).
Two fire engines were called to the incident involving a car and a lorry at 6am and crews spent around an hour at the scene.
Firefighters cut the man out of the vehicle by removing the car roof and then placing him on a spinal long board.
A South East Coast Ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at around 5.50am to a collision between a car and a lorry on the A2 London-bound by Swanscombe.
"It is thought the car driver hit a wall before hitting the lorry.
“A man, in his 30s, who had been driving the car, was suffering from back and shoulder pain as well as general discomfort. He was not thought to be seriously injured.
“He was taken to Medway Maritime Hospital."
- VIDEO: Catford's Fritz jailed for 'I will shoot you bloodclart' bus rant
- Is Downham experiencing its own Great Depression?
- Driver cut out of car in Plumstead three-car crash
- Erith man accused of possessing extreme pornographic images showing people having sex with live animals
- Carers are 'over the moon' about Oxleas u-turn on mental health services in Bexley