An education minister is visiting a Bromley special needs centre next month.
Edward Timpson MP, Minister for Children and Families, is set to tour the Phoenix Centre in Masons Hill on Monday September 1.
The site provides special educational needs and disability services to children in the borough.
The Tory politician’s visit coincides with the Children and Families Act becoming law and Mr Timpson will be meeting families who have received a new plan hoped to improve care services.
Bromley, along with Bexley and Enfield, is one local authority trialling the reforms before they are rolled out nationwide.
- Darford man behind bars over two Albanian kids and 18 adults rescued from sinking ship off Kent coast
- APPEAL: Man escapes police custody after absconding from Bromley hospital
- Concerns raised over 'dangerous' Belvedere crossing where kids are forced to walk in the road to get to school
- Man rescued from burning apartment in Sidcup
- Kettles, fridges and even frying pans – the innovative smart tech that could simplify our life