South-east London charity Safehouses has opened a new office in Orpington because of a shortage of foster carers in the borough.
The independent fostering agency, awarded ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted last year, is hosting an open day on Monday September 8.
The event will see those currently providing foster homes, panel members, and staff from other offices on hand to advise prospective carers on the needs of young people and how to get involved.
Safehouses was set up in 1997 to provide a service to looked-after children and young people in need of a home.
The organisation says Bromley is in short supply and is hoping the new set up in Orpington helps ease the strain.
Visit the Safehouses website.
- Man, 58, charged with murder after body found in Deptford
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Mottingham residents claim they are living 'in the dark ages'
- Anerley man charged with raping 15-year-old schoolgirl and two other sex offences
- What's on this weekend (November 22 and 23)