South-east London charity Safehouses has opened a new office in Orpington because of a shortage of foster carers in the borough.
The independent fostering agency, awarded ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted last year, is hosting an open day on Monday September 8.
The event will see those currently providing foster homes, panel members, and staff from other offices on hand to advise prospective carers on the needs of young people and how to get involved.
Safehouses was set up in 1997 to provide a service to looked-after children and young people in need of a home.
The organisation says Bromley is in short supply and is hoping the new set up in Orpington helps ease the strain.
Visit the Safehouses website.
- VIDEO: Man left with head injuries after assault in Slade Green
- 'Hugely proud' Michelin starred chef Atul Kochhar celebrates Petts Wood's Indian Essence's Bib Gourmand
- George Verrier fundraiser in Welling attended by Capital Radio DJ Dave Berry
- Police find drugs hidden in man’s underpants after stopping his car in Pratts Bottom
- Gravesend arts centre coffee morning raises £200 to fight cancer