South-east London charity Safehouses has opened a new office in Orpington because of a shortage of foster carers in the borough.
The independent fostering agency, awarded ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted last year, is hosting an open day on Monday September 8.
The event will see those currently providing foster homes, panel members, and staff from other offices on hand to advise prospective carers on the needs of young people and how to get involved.
Safehouses was set up in 1997 to provide a service to looked-after children and young people in need of a home.
The organisation says Bromley is in short supply and is hoping the new set up in Orpington helps ease the strain.
Visit the Safehouses website.
- Man arrested in Dartford in connection to the murder of Luther Edwards
- TRAVEL: Delays after crash in Greenwich
- Car tax is changing in April: Here's what you need to know
- Prolific Bexley shoplifter and Wanted Wednesday returning face jailed for 12 weeks
- Concern for safety of 'vulnerable' missing mum and her two sons