An extravagant, traditional telling of Puccini’s opera Madama Butterfly will take over the stage at the Orchard Theatre in late September.
Award-winning producer Ellen Kent returns to Dartford with the show featuring a 70-strong company and music by the Chisinau National Philharmonic Orchestra.
The heart-wrenching drama about a beautiful Japanese girl who falls in love with an American naval lieutenant will be performed on exquisite sets with spectacular costumes.
Korean soprano Elena Dee stars alongside Japanese soprano Miki Mori, who sings the tragic role of Cio Cio San.
Producer Ellen said: “My operas have to be emotional and beautiful. Mine isn’t minimalist – it’s traditional opera with a sexy feel.”
It will be sung in Italian with English subtitles.
Madama Butterfly is at The Orchard Theatre on Sunday, September 28.
Go to orchardtheatre.co.uk or call 01322 220000.
- CBeebies stars sign up for Croydon panto
- Strictly's Craig Revel Horwood tells us why he's Hooked on panto in Bromley - plus what he thinks of Len's departure
- Brockley play explores what would happen if President Donald Trump was banned from the UK
- Strictly star leads cast of Peter James adaptation premiering in Dartford
- Corrie legend Kevin Kennedy knows you will love The Commitments in Bromley: 'If you are a lover of Roddy Doyle and a lover of the film it is safe bet'