An extravagant, traditional telling of Puccini’s opera Madama Butterfly will take over the stage at the Orchard Theatre in late September.
Award-winning producer Ellen Kent returns to Dartford with the show featuring a 70-strong company and music by the Chisinau National Philharmonic Orchestra.
The heart-wrenching drama about a beautiful Japanese girl who falls in love with an American naval lieutenant will be performed on exquisite sets with spectacular costumes.
Korean soprano Elena Dee stars alongside Japanese soprano Miki Mori, who sings the tragic role of Cio Cio San.
Producer Ellen said: “My operas have to be emotional and beautiful. Mine isn’t minimalist – it’s traditional opera with a sexy feel.”
It will be sung in Italian with English subtitles.
Madama Butterfly is at The Orchard Theatre on Sunday, September 28.
Go to orchardtheatre.co.uk or call 01322 220000.
- 'Burn the lot': Horrible Histories author Terry Deary on why the Dartford-bound live shows beat textbooks
- Huge line up of comedy stars to return to Greenwich for Channel 4's Comedy Gala
- REVIEW: Without Reluctance and Without Relief at the Brockley Jack
- Anything Goes in Bromley: Midsomer, Benidorm and The Bill stars help celebrate Shopper's 50th
- 5 reasons to go out this week: championship boxing, films, comedy and more