An extravagant, traditional telling of Puccini’s opera Madama Butterfly will take over the stage at the Orchard Theatre in late September.
Award-winning producer Ellen Kent returns to Dartford with the show featuring a 70-strong company and music by the Chisinau National Philharmonic Orchestra.
The heart-wrenching drama about a beautiful Japanese girl who falls in love with an American naval lieutenant will be performed on exquisite sets with spectacular costumes.
Korean soprano Elena Dee stars alongside Japanese soprano Miki Mori, who sings the tragic role of Cio Cio San.
Producer Ellen said: “My operas have to be emotional and beautiful. Mine isn’t minimalist – it’s traditional opera with a sexy feel.”
It will be sung in Italian with English subtitles.
Madama Butterfly is at The Orchard Theatre on Sunday, September 28.
Go to orchardtheatre.co.uk or call 01322 220000.
- PICTURED: Gangsta Granny raids Bromley jewellers
- Late-night spectacular Labirinto to bring Brazilian performance to Forest Hill before Rio Olympics
- Blue's Antony Costa and co-stars tell us why they can't wait to bring Save the Last Dance for Me to Bromley
- Get ready to find out the secrets of the movies as the Hollywood Special Effects Show blasts into Kingston and Bromley
- PICTURES: Thor’s hammer lands in Greenwich – are you worthy enough to lift it?