A crash involving a motorcycle and scooter closed Poverest Road in Orpington this morning.
The incident happened just before 8am at the junction with Marion Crescent.
A man in his 20s was airlifted to hospital with a serious head injury.
Police closed Poverest Road from Marion Crescent to Cray Avenue, but it has since re-opened.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We were called at around 7.55am this morning to reports of a road traffic collision involving a motorbike.
"We sent a single responder by car, an ambulance crew and London's air ambulance to the scene.
"We treated a man, reported to be in his 20s for a head injury.
"He was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital."
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections
- Man, 22, arrested over Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Panic at Lewisham Hospital after someone shouts 'Ebola' following admission of patient by staff wearing biohazard suits
- Pro golfer-turned police officer back on the golf course to take a swing at anti-social youths