A Bromley man was threatened with a knife at Grove Park station last week on a train travelling from Charing Cross to Orpington.
Police were called to a report a 44-year-old man from Bromley had been threatened with a knife on Wednesday, August 13.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "A full search of the area was carried out, but nobody was found.
"Enquiries are ongoing."
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any other information should contact Andrew Parkes on 01689 885706.
- PICTURED: Duchess of Cambridge dazzles Deptford and Sydenham in pink
- Man charged with rape after two women report being attacked
- UPDATE: Man charged 37 times after Met Police make dozens of arrests in dawn raids
- What's on this weekend: 13 great shows, gigs and family events in south east London and north Kent (March 28 and 29)
- Overwhelming support for Lewisham Bakerloo Line plan - less so for Bromley extension