12 men in hospital after Belvedere gas leak

First published in News Shopper: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

A carbon monoxide leak in Belvedere saw 12 men admitted to hospital last week.

London Ambulance Service and London fire crews were called to a supermarket distribution centre on Fishers Way just after 5pm on August 15 to reports of people suffering carbon monoxide poisoning.

12 men were taken to the Whipps Cross, Darent Valley and Queen Elizabeth II hospitals with carbon monoxide poisoning.

A further 94 employees were evacuated.


Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree