Chislehurst-based UKIP MEP Janice Atkinson has said sorry for calling a Thai constituent a 'ting tong'.
The South East member was recorded by the BBC making the remark about Fa Munday, who she had met while in Kent.
Mrs Atkinson is reported to have said: "We've got Fa who's, I dunno, she's a ting tong from somewhere".
Fa and her husband Vincent, both supporters of the party, have been left shocked by the comments, while Mrs Atkinson has apologised for her choice of words.
Last week News Shopper talked to the UKIP welfare policy author about her intention to stand for Parliament in 2015.
Speaking on Friday (Aug 15), Mrs Atkinson mentioned a past incident where she had put her middle finger up to three Green Party campaigners.
- As it happened: all the action from Anthony Joshua's world title fight at The O2
- EU referendum results and reactions for SE London and north Kent - how did your borough vote?
- Former Queen Elizabeth Hospital gynaecologist guilty of series of sex assaults on patients
- Man, 26, arrested over burglary at Gravesend gurdwara
- David Cameron to RESIGN as Britain votes to leave European Union