Chislehurst-based UKIP MEP Janice Atkinson has said sorry for calling a Thai constituent a 'ting tong'.
The South East member was recorded by the BBC making the remark about Fa Munday, who she had met while in Kent.
Mrs Atkinson is reported to have said: "We've got Fa who's, I dunno, she's a ting tong from somewhere".
Fa and her husband Vincent, both supporters of the party, have been left shocked by the comments, while Mrs Atkinson has apologised for her choice of words.
Last week News Shopper talked to the UKIP welfare policy author about her intention to stand for Parliament in 2015.
Speaking on Friday (Aug 15), Mrs Atkinson mentioned a past incident where she had put her middle finger up to three Green Party campaigners.
- Welling builder wins legal battle over 'lonely' pensioner's £472,000 estate
- Burst water main floods Wickham Street, Welling
- More than 1,500 resident flock to London Paramount consultations
- Man, 22, stopped by police at Cobham Services charged with cannabis possession
- Top ten facts to celebrate the birth of the new princess