A special celebrity guest attended the annual summer family fun day for a Northfleet-based hospice.
Good Morning Britain presenter Charlotte Hawkins turned out at EllenorLions Hospice in Coldharbour Road on Friday (August 15).
She is a patron of chYps, which is a part of the hospice focusing on the care of seriously ill children.
The event featured an animal therapy session with Almanda Therapy Animals and a turn from puppeteer and ventriloquist Steve Hewlett, who has appeared on Britain’s Got Talent.
There were arts and craft activities throughout the day and a visit by Eynsford bird centre Eagle Heights’ famous Birdman.
EllenorLions communications manager Tessa Youens said: “It was a lovely day.
“We had about 60 people. The whole point was to give families a bit of respite, a chance to have a nice day out and interact with each other.
“We had lots of laughter and lots of happy faces.”
- Plumstead man, Robert Napper, may have killed Claire Tiltman, court hears
- 5 Thoughts: Bah humbug to Christmas starting before December
- Bluewater and Intu Bromley gear up for Black Friday madness
- Dartford woman to enter national archery competition
- West Kingsdown's Lizzy Yarnold shortlisted for Sports Personality of the Year