A special celebrity guest attended the annual summer family fun day for a Northfleet-based hospice.
Good Morning Britain presenter Charlotte Hawkins turned out at EllenorLions Hospice in Coldharbour Road on Friday (August 15).
She is a patron of chYps, which is a part of the hospice focusing on the care of seriously ill children.
The event featured an animal therapy session with Almanda Therapy Animals and a turn from puppeteer and ventriloquist Steve Hewlett, who has appeared on Britain’s Got Talent.
There were arts and craft activities throughout the day and a visit by Eynsford bird centre Eagle Heights’ famous Birdman.
EllenorLions communications manager Tessa Youens said: “It was a lovely day.
“We had about 60 people. The whole point was to give families a bit of respite, a chance to have a nice day out and interact with each other.
“We had lots of laughter and lots of happy faces.”
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed in Dartford crash named locally as dad from Eltham
- Residents attack council's proposals to build 4,500 homes in Swanley and Hextable
- Ebbsfleet football club slams county council for failing to remove 40-foot trailer dumped outside grounds
- Bexley man, 18, arrested after crashing into garden in Tonbridge
- Joe Pasquale tells us why he is excited about Snow White in Dartford this Christmas