Tesco in Bromley has been snapped offering a chocolate hamper as first prize in a diabetes raffle.
One customer tweeted photos taken at the supermarket after finding a bit of irony in the fact a group of diseases often associated with sugar and health risks was being supported by one of the sweetest foods around.
The store was shown to be running the contest in support of charity Diabetes UK, and listed rose wine as second, third, and fourth prizes.
The Twitter user posted:
Do you think chocolate is an appropriate offering in a diabetes competition?
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine