Starbucks is investigating one of its Bromley coffee shops after its ceiling fell down and injured two customers.
The American chain confirmed the incident today (Aug 15), which saw a partial collapse at its Bromley High Street branch yesterday afternoon.
A spokeswoman said: "We got a call at 2.15pm to reports of a ceiling collapse at Starbucks in Bromley.
"We sent a single responder and an ambulance. There were two patients who were taken to the PRUH."
News Shopper understands one of those injured was a young boy - but the casualties have not been formerly identified.
A Starbucks spokesperson told News Shopper: "We are investigating the cause of this incident.
"The safety of our customers and partners (employees) is our highest priority."
Regular customer Hayley Slevin was disappointed at being met by closed doors yesterday and tweeted a photo of the coffee shop boarded up.
bromley south starbucks is closed⁉️❌ pic.twitter.com/kF4Rvw0qC3— Hayley (@HayleySlevin) August 14, 2014
- Bar The Beckenham to close its doors
- Catwalk shows, prize giveaways and family fun at Intu Bromley's Fashion Month
- Lewisham cop reveals new female borough commander
- PICTURED: Beckenham school ships minivan to Malawi
- Tiny puppy stolen from Erith home