Starbucks is investigating one of its Bromley coffee shops after its ceiling fell down and injured two customers.
The American chain confirmed the incident today (Aug 15), which saw a partial collapse at its Bromley High Street branch yesterday afternoon.
A spokeswoman said: "We got a call at 2.15pm to reports of a ceiling collapse at Starbucks in Bromley.
"We sent a single responder and an ambulance. There were two patients who were taken to the PRUH."
News Shopper understands one of those injured was a young boy - but the casualties have not been formerly identified.
A Starbucks spokesperson told News Shopper: "We are investigating the cause of this incident.
"The safety of our customers and partners (employees) is our highest priority."
Regular customer Hayley Slevin was disappointed at being met by closed doors yesterday and tweeted a photo of the coffee shop boarded up.
bromley south starbucks is closed⁉️❌ pic.twitter.com/kF4Rvw0qC3— Hayley (@HayleySlevin) August 14, 2014
- FREE parking in Bexley on Bank Holiday Monday
- APPEAL: Man missing from Orpington
- Bus driver describes finding man who wasn’t breathing in Bexleyheath and trying to get help
- ‘I don’t want to draw my curtains’: Anger after huge phone mast goes up due to council mistake
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths