Starbucks is investigating one of its Bromley coffee shops after its ceiling fell down and injured two customers.
The American chain confirmed the incident today (Aug 15), which saw a partial collapse at its Bromley High Street branch yesterday afternoon.
A spokeswoman said: "We got a call at 2.15pm to reports of a ceiling collapse at Starbucks in Bromley.
"We sent a single responder and an ambulance. There were two patients who were taken to the PRUH."
News Shopper understands one of those injured was a young boy - but the casualties have not been formerly identified.
A Starbucks spokesperson told News Shopper: "We are investigating the cause of this incident.
"The safety of our customers and partners (employees) is our highest priority."
Regular customer Hayley Slevin was disappointed at being met by closed doors yesterday and tweeted a photo of the coffee shop boarded up.
bromley south starbucks is closed⁉️❌ pic.twitter.com/kF4Rvw0qC3— Hayley (@HayleySlevin) August 14, 2014
- Red Nose Day 2017: Show us how you're having a laugh for Comic Relief
- Fifth person dies after terror attack at Westminster
- American victim of Wednesday's terror attack named as Kurt Cochran
- COMMENT: Don't say your mum is 'best in the world' - and keep your Mother's Day tributes off social media
- Desperate fundraising appeal after little girl's headaches due to 'too much chocolate' turn out to be inoperable brain tumour