An Orpington 18-year-old broke the British 200m junior record yesterday, shortly after getting the A-level results she needed to go to her first-choice university.
As Dina Asher-Smith's friends gathered at Newstead Wood School, Avebury Road, awaiting their results, she was in Zurich competing for Great Britain in the European Athletics Championships.
In her semi-final she recorded a time of 22.61 seconds, beating her personal best by 0.13 seconds, to qualify third fastest for this evening's final.
Earlier that day, the world junior 100m champion heard she secured the necessary grades (a minimum of three As) to read history at Kings College London.
- Bar The Beckenham to close its doors
- Tiny puppy stolen from Erith home
- Woolwich hospital staff walking out in five day strike
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: Graphic abortion images displayed outside Lewisham medical centre by activists
- PICTURED: Drug dealing and violence in Sidcup