An Orpington 18-year-old broke the British 200m junior record yesterday, shortly after getting the A-level results she needed to go to her first-choice university.
As Dina Asher-Smith's friends gathered at Newstead Wood School, Avebury Road, awaiting their results, she was in Zurich competing for Great Britain in the European Athletics Championships.
In her semi-final she recorded a time of 22.61 seconds, beating her personal best by 0.13 seconds, to qualify third fastest for this evening's final.
Earlier that day, the world junior 100m champion heard she secured the necessary grades (a minimum of three As) to read history at Kings College London.
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections
- Man, 22, arrested over Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Panic at Lewisham Hospital after someone shouts 'Ebola' following admission of patient by staff wearing biohazard suits
- Pro golfer-turned police officer back on the golf course to take a swing at anti-social youths