An Orpington 18-year-old broke the British 200m junior record yesterday, shortly after getting the A-level results she needed to go to her first-choice university.
As Dina Asher-Smith's friends gathered at Newstead Wood School, Avebury Road, awaiting their results, she was in Zurich competing for Great Britain in the European Athletics Championships.
In her semi-final she recorded a time of 22.61 seconds, beating her personal best by 0.13 seconds, to qualify third fastest for this evening's final.
Earlier that day, the world junior 100m champion heard she secured the necessary grades (a minimum of three As) to read history at Kings College London.
- Stat Chat: Top 10 boring areas of life that make us feel most fed-up
- Pet of the Day: Elvis is much more than just a hound dog
- The big bang: The wonderful ways Kent reacted
- Belvedere community comes together for celebration of black history month
- Bromley burglar jailed for two years after crime spree