An Orpington 18-year-old broke the British 200m junior record yesterday, shortly after getting the A-level results she needed to go to her first-choice university.
As Dina Asher-Smith's friends gathered at Newstead Wood School, Avebury Road, awaiting their results, she was in Zurich competing for Great Britain in the European Athletics Championships.
In her semi-final she recorded a time of 22.61 seconds, beating her personal best by 0.13 seconds, to qualify third fastest for this evening's final.
Earlier that day, the world junior 100m champion heard she secured the necessary grades (a minimum of three As) to read history at Kings College London.
- VIDEO: 'Death trap' in Sidcup as Thames Water pipe bursts
- Pedestrian dies after car crash in Swanley
- Commuters suffer further travel misery due to strike and broken rail
- 'Serial flasher' exposed himself to dogwalkers in Lesnes Abbey Wood
- Man burnt with 'noxious substance' sprayed in his face and eyes in Lewisham