An Orpington 18-year-old broke the British 200m junior record yesterday, shortly after getting the A-level results she needed to go to her first-choice university.
As Dina Asher-Smith's friends gathered at Newstead Wood School, Avebury Road, awaiting their results, she was in Zurich competing for Great Britain in the European Athletics Championships.
In her semi-final she recorded a time of 22.61 seconds, beating her personal best by 0.13 seconds, to qualify third fastest for this evening's final.
Earlier that day, the world junior 100m champion heard she secured the necessary grades (a minimum of three As) to read history at Kings College London.
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- Gravesend man jailed for six years after raping teenager as she slept
- UPDATE: Lee Rigby memorial will be for all fallen Woolwich soldiers
- Crystal Palace karate kid earns notorious black belt and prepares to fight in Europe