An Orpington 18-year-old broke the British 200m junior record yesterday, shortly after getting the A-level results she needed to go to her first-choice university.
As Dina Asher-Smith's friends gathered at Newstead Wood School, Avebury Road, awaiting their results, she was in Zurich competing for Great Britain in the European Athletics Championships.
In her semi-final she recorded a time of 22.61 seconds, beating her personal best by 0.13 seconds, to qualify third fastest for this evening's final.
Earlier that day, the world junior 100m champion heard she secured the necessary grades (a minimum of three As) to read history at Kings College London.
- 16-year-old boy fighting for his life after stabbing in Deptford
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Driving instructor uses car park to teach bay parking for FIVE MINUTES, gets £60 fine
- UPDATE: Exams 'interrupted' after Welling school bomb threat