An Orpington 18-year-old broke the British 200m junior record yesterday, shortly after getting the A-level results she needed to go to her first-choice university.
As Dina Asher-Smith's friends gathered at Newstead Wood School, Avebury Road, awaiting their results, she was in Zurich competing for Great Britain in the European Athletics Championships.
In her semi-final she recorded a time of 22.61 seconds, beating her personal best by 0.13 seconds, to qualify third fastest for this evening's final.
Earlier that day, the world junior 100m champion heard she secured the necessary grades (a minimum of three As) to read history at Kings College London.
- DLR delays after woman 'trapped in door'
- VIDEO: Sydenham action hero Jason Statham takes on the Las Vegas mob
- 'Litter louts be warned' - Gravesham Council get tough on rubbish
- Who has the oldest News Shopper - and what was your favourite front page over the last 50 years?
- 7 of the best book events happening in south London in January and February