An Orpington 18-year-old broke the British 200m junior record yesterday, shortly after getting the A-level results she needed to go to her first-choice university.
As Dina Asher-Smith's friends gathered at Newstead Wood School, Avebury Road, awaiting their results, she was in Zurich competing for Great Britain in the European Athletics Championships.
In her semi-final she recorded a time of 22.61 seconds, beating her personal best by 0.13 seconds, to qualify third fastest for this evening's final.
Earlier that day, the world junior 100m champion heard she secured the necessary grades (a minimum of three As) to read history at Kings College London.
- UPDATE: Is this the most ridiculous parking fine ever issued?
- Man, 68, dies after being hit by train in Erith
- Fountain of faeces flows down Sidcup street for 36 hours
- 'Keep doors and windows closed': Large fire breaks out in Crayford
- UPDATE: Identity of terrifying creature discovered at docks near Greenwich revealed