Plans for a medical centre, crèche and 32 new apartments in Greenhithe have been submitted to Dartford Council.
Developers Green Portal, based in Maidstone, are seeking outline planning permission for the development on land at the junction of Station Road and Eagles Road.
It would be called Village Heights and plans include 21 two bedroom flats and 11 one bedroom flats.
Fifty-four off road parking spaces are proposed and the medical centre has been allocated 22 parking spaces.
Reaction from residents has been mixed.
Events manager Sacha Zarb, 36, of Lightermans Way, said: "I think it will help the area a lot as there are no decent doctors and the town needs a community hub."
But Suki Mcnair, 46, of Smugglers Walk, said: "I don't think there is enough room where the buildings are proposed and it could have a big impact on the people that live in the houses on the Eagles Road estate."
You can view and comment on the application, planning reference DA/14/01035/OUT, by visiting dartford.gov.uk
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- What’s on this weekend: 11 things to see and do in south east London and north Kent
- Operation Stack: £130m contract awarded for giant lorry park on M20
- Animal lovers horrified by discovery of 'exotic' creatures - crushed and left for dead in Dartford park
- Barnehurst woman warns people of 'brutal' lithium drug which led to long-term partner's death