Plans for a medical centre, crèche and 32 new apartments in Greenhithe have been submitted to Dartford Council.
Developers Green Portal, based in Maidstone, are seeking outline planning permission for the development on land at the junction of Station Road and Eagles Road.
It would be called Village Heights and plans include 21 two bedroom flats and 11 one bedroom flats.
Fifty-four off road parking spaces are proposed and the medical centre has been allocated 22 parking spaces.
Reaction from residents has been mixed.
Events manager Sacha Zarb, 36, of Lightermans Way, said: "I think it will help the area a lot as there are no decent doctors and the town needs a community hub."
But Suki Mcnair, 46, of Smugglers Walk, said: "I don't think there is enough room where the buildings are proposed and it could have a big impact on the people that live in the houses on the Eagles Road estate."
You can view and comment on the application, planning reference DA/14/01035/OUT, by visiting dartford.gov.uk
- QUIZ: Take our Halloween test to see how brave you really are
- Half term and Halloween fun at Ightham Mote
- 5 Thoughts: 'Homophobic' bus driver was jealous and Victor Moses is a 'cheat'
- Thank Bank: Readers say Thank You
- Stat Chat: Top 10 best and worst online shops revealed