Plans for a medical centre, crèche and 32 new apartments in Greenhithe have been submitted to Dartford Council.
Developers Green Portal, based in Maidstone, are seeking outline planning permission for the development on land at the junction of Station Road and Eagles Road.
It would be called Village Heights and plans include 21 two bedroom flats and 11 one bedroom flats.
Fifty-four off road parking spaces are proposed and the medical centre has been allocated 22 parking spaces.
Reaction from residents has been mixed.
Events manager Sacha Zarb, 36, of Lightermans Way, said: "I think it will help the area a lot as there are no decent doctors and the town needs a community hub."
But Suki Mcnair, 46, of Smugglers Walk, said: "I don't think there is enough room where the buildings are proposed and it could have a big impact on the people that live in the houses on the Eagles Road estate."
You can view and comment on the application, planning reference DA/14/01035/OUT, by visiting dartford.gov.uk
- Can you help? Missing 15-year-old boy may be in Swanley
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- Super-sized SLUGS coming to gardens thanks to mild winter weather
- WARNING: New phone scam leaves victims stung with hefty bills
- Dartford nurse suspended after jamming toothbrush into dementia patient's mouth