Plans for a medical centre, crèche and 32 new apartments in Greenhithe have been submitted to Dartford Council.
Developers Green Portal, based in Maidstone, are seeking outline planning permission for the development on land at the junction of Station Road and Eagles Road.
It would be called Village Heights and plans include 21 two bedroom flats and 11 one bedroom flats.
Fifty-four off road parking spaces are proposed and the medical centre has been allocated 22 parking spaces.
Reaction from residents has been mixed.
Events manager Sacha Zarb, 36, of Lightermans Way, said: "I think it will help the area a lot as there are no decent doctors and the town needs a community hub."
But Suki Mcnair, 46, of Smugglers Walk, said: "I don't think there is enough room where the buildings are proposed and it could have a big impact on the people that live in the houses on the Eagles Road estate."
You can view and comment on the application, planning reference DA/14/01035/OUT, by visiting dartford.gov.uk
- 'Great looking, high-octane and thought-provoking - what's not to love?': Chappie (12A) reviewed
- FUNNY FRUIT: As first 2015 crop appears, will we get another penis or foot-shaped strawberry?
- Joshua Caird, accused of the murder of Stone mum, Donna Eastwood, 26, 'too ill' to appear in court
- Man in his 40s cut from car after crash on M25 near Swanley
- Signalling problem causing chaos at Swanley station