Plans for a medical centre, crèche and 32 new apartments in Greenhithe have been submitted to Dartford Council.
Developers Green Portal, based in Maidstone, are seeking outline planning permission for the development on land at the junction of Station Road and Eagles Road.
It would be called Village Heights and plans include 21 two bedroom flats and 11 one bedroom flats.
Fifty-four off road parking spaces are proposed and the medical centre has been allocated 22 parking spaces.
Reaction from residents has been mixed.
Events manager Sacha Zarb, 36, of Lightermans Way, said: "I think it will help the area a lot as there are no decent doctors and the town needs a community hub."
But Suki Mcnair, 46, of Smugglers Walk, said: "I don't think there is enough room where the buildings are proposed and it could have a big impact on the people that live in the houses on the Eagles Road estate."
You can view and comment on the application, planning reference DA/14/01035/OUT, by visiting dartford.gov.uk
- 'Come home for your brother’s birthday' - Dartford mum's message to 13-year-old son who has been missing for over a month
- Armed police will be at 'key locations' like Bluewater - but there will be no army assistance
- Dartford driver caught in ‘pandemonium’ and delays at Gatwick Airport after passengers forced to fly without luggage
- Armed police officers are now patrolling trains in and out of London following Manchester bombing
- Long delays on M25 as overturned lorry near Westerham blocks 3 lanes