Plans for a medical centre, crèche and 32 new apartments in Greenhithe have been submitted to Dartford Council.
Developers Green Portal, based in Maidstone, are seeking outline planning permission for the development on land at the junction of Station Road and Eagles Road.
It would be called Village Heights and plans include 21 two bedroom flats and 11 one bedroom flats.
Fifty-four off road parking spaces are proposed and the medical centre has been allocated 22 parking spaces.
Reaction from residents has been mixed.
Events manager Sacha Zarb, 36, of Lightermans Way, said: "I think it will help the area a lot as there are no decent doctors and the town needs a community hub."
But Suki Mcnair, 46, of Smugglers Walk, said: "I don't think there is enough room where the buildings are proposed and it could have a big impact on the people that live in the houses on the Eagles Road estate."
You can view and comment on the application, planning reference DA/14/01035/OUT, by visiting dartford.gov.uk
- EU referendum results and reactions for SE London and north Kent - how did your borough vote?
- David Cameron to RESIGN as Britain votes to leave European Union
- FEATURE: 5000 dangerous dogs seized over three years - what can you do if your pet gets attacked?
- TRAVEL: Long queues on M25 due to broken down lorry at Dartford Tunnel
- UPDATE: Three people arrested after police officer trapped between squad car and van in Swanley