Ex-Manchester United and England footballer Rio Ferdinand was spotted by stunned shoppers in Tesco in Orpington on Wednesday evening (August 13).
The sturdy centre back visited the Augustus Lane store for an evening shop at around 7pm.
It is thought he has moved to the Farnborough Park area following his summer transfer to QPR.
On Twitter, Ollie Learmouth said: "Not every day @rioferdy5 turns up to tescos in Orpington."
Adam Smith Sr said: "The one time I go out without my phone and @rioferdy5 is in Orpington Tesco. Great."
Hannah Davies added: "Totally just got smiled at then followed out of the car park and home from Tesco Orpington by @rioferdy5! #casual Shame I was minus makeup."
Meanwhile Matt Hall said: "Hearing @rioferdy5 was in Orpington Tesco tonight. Gutted I wasn't there! #Legend."
Did you see Rio Ferdinand in Tesco in Orpington? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or send any pics to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PICTURES: Major delays on Southeastern after freight train derailment
- Severe weather warning issued for London
- WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE - West Wickham boy racers shout 'white power' at woman
- Greenwich council under fire as locals grow frustrated with dilapidated buildings on Plumstead High Street
- Tell us your favourite place to get a Chinese meal in south-east London and north Kent