A Charlton NHS alcohol awareness worker has won a Great Taste award for her home-made ketchup this week.
Entrepreneur Emma-Jane Slack, of Plumstead Common, established her company All Things Saucy following a successful savoury jam experiment in Christmas 2011.
Since then the 38-year-old has operated from The Sauce Shack on Woolwich Church Street while working a variety of odd jobs such as a massage therapist and a personal assistant.
Described as vibrant, savoury and tangy, her award-winner VegChup is a fat and gluten free sauce designed to reduce the average person’s sugar intake.
She said: “I'm totally made up. I love VegChup and see it as a fantastic alternative to the sugar-laden ketchup we've all become used to. Taste doesn't have to be sugar reliant if you are creative with ingredients and balance them with great spices.”
The ambitious foodie also aims to branch out to a bigger site with other recipes she has been working on.
“I'm definitely planning to expand the low/sugar free side of my range and I'm often asked about this & already have three recipes that are pretty much in the bag,” she said.
- Athletes fighting to stop 'hammer blow' plan to redevelop Crystal Palace national sports centre
- Custody for 'bedroom jihadist' who groomed youth with learning difficulties to carry out Lee Rigby copycat killing
- West Wickham buzzing after wasp invasion
- What's on this weekend: days out and shows in south east London and north Kent on May 30 and 31
- Chislehurst mum and son ordered to repay £2.8m mortgage fraud or face more jail time