A woman suffered a life threatening head injury after being hit by a car in Penge High Street this morning (August 13).
She was taken to hospital as a priority after the incident just before 9.45am near the junction with St John's Road.
Parts of Penge High Street were closed off for hours afterwards.
A police spokesman said: "We got a call at 9.50am to reports of a collision between a car and a pedestrian.
"An elderly woman was taken to hospital with what is believed to be life threatening injuries.
"Road closures are in place and traffic officers are investigating."
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We sent a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew to the scene.
"A woman was treated for a head injury and was taken to King's College Hospital as a priority."
No arrests have been made.
- Happy birthday to us! 50 fabulous years of News Shopper
- Boost from Jack Petchey nomination sees Erith teenager start competitive Irish dancing
- UPDATE: 32-year-old Plumstead man killed in M20 crash near Wrotham
- VIDEO: Some West Wickham residents REALLY don't want a KFC drive-thru
- Boccia glory for Bexley youngsters at London Youth Games