A woman suffered a life threatening head injury after being hit by a car in Penge High Street this morning (August 13).
She was taken to hospital as a priority after the incident just before 9.45am near the junction with St John's Road.
Parts of Penge High Street were closed off for hours afterwards.
A police spokesman said: "We got a call at 9.50am to reports of a collision between a car and a pedestrian.
"An elderly woman was taken to hospital with what is believed to be life threatening injuries.
"Road closures are in place and traffic officers are investigating."
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We sent a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew to the scene.
"A woman was treated for a head injury and was taken to King's College Hospital as a priority."
No arrests have been made.
- UPDATED: 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- 'Somewhere to go off the street corners': Petition against demolition of Grove Park youth club
- REVEALED: How to get FIFA 17 first in Bexley
- Lord Sugar's Apprentice line-up includes 5 Londoners, a 'Tasmanian Devil' and 'pocket rocket'
- VIDEO: Firefighters called after car bursts into flames on A2 in Eltham