A family in Orpington has had a playful exotic visitor in the back garden.
Alicia Davies said last month she and her daughter were startled to see a mystery bird arrive for an afternoon sojourn.
Ms Davies, 57, from Crofton Lane, said it was a welcome guest but is worried it is someone’s pet as it did not look comfortable “in the wild”. She told News Shopper: “It was very nice to see – really bright and colourful.
“We think it’s a lovebird but can’t be sure. It looks exotic. We think it could be a lovebird.
“It flew onto the feeder but struggled to get any of the seeds. I tried to grab it but it flew off towards Locksbottom.
“I think it’s someone’s pet.”
Ms Davies’ daughter, Lizzie, 27, managed to take some photographs of the bird when it visited on July 14.
Are you missing a bird? Get in touch if so: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kent Police offers advice to victims of stalking
- Have you seen this man? 28-year-old missing from Beckenham
- Driver arrested after hitting lamp post in Valley Drive, Gravesend
- Stars of Hollyoaks and Eastenders descend on Bexleyheath hotel
- Maypoles to Roman deity's: Top five weird and wonderful May Day traditions