A family in Orpington has had a playful exotic visitor in the back garden.
Alicia Davies said last month she and her daughter were startled to see a mystery bird arrive for an afternoon sojourn.
Ms Davies, 57, from Crofton Lane, said it was a welcome guest but is worried it is someone’s pet as it did not look comfortable “in the wild”. She told News Shopper: “It was very nice to see – really bright and colourful.
“We think it’s a lovebird but can’t be sure. It looks exotic. We think it could be a lovebird.
“It flew onto the feeder but struggled to get any of the seeds. I tried to grab it but it flew off towards Locksbottom.
“I think it’s someone’s pet.”
Ms Davies’ daughter, Lizzie, 27, managed to take some photographs of the bird when it visited on July 14.
Are you missing a bird? Get in touch if so: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WATCH: Shocking video of man hit by driving instructor's car in Woolwich
- PICTURED: Sidcup road closed both ways due to sinkhole
- Man in serious condition after stabbing in Plumstead
- LABOUR IN CRISIS: Greenwich and Woolwich MP Matthew Pennycook quits shadow housing and planning team
- 'People see the person first not the chair': Bromley family fundraising for new wheelchair for little boy