A family in Orpington has had a playful exotic visitor in the back garden.
Alicia Davies said last month she and her daughter were startled to see a mystery bird arrive for an afternoon sojourn.
Ms Davies, 57, from Crofton Lane, said it was a welcome guest but is worried it is someone’s pet as it did not look comfortable “in the wild”. She told News Shopper: “It was very nice to see – really bright and colourful.
“We think it’s a lovebird but can’t be sure. It looks exotic. We think it could be a lovebird.
“It flew onto the feeder but struggled to get any of the seeds. I tried to grab it but it flew off towards Locksbottom.
“I think it’s someone’s pet.”
Ms Davies’ daughter, Lizzie, 27, managed to take some photographs of the bird when it visited on July 14.
Are you missing a bird? Get in touch if so: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TRAVEL: Engineering work disrupting trains this weekend
- Woolly Hat Day 2017: We want photos of you in your favourite cosy headgear
- False funding claim revealed in New Bermondsey sports development
- Increasing social care cost puts strain on Bexley council as councillors prepare to debate upcoming budget
- REVEALED: Which companies do you think are keeping their customers most satisfied?