A Petts Wood fish and chips shop could be named the country’s best.
The Village Fish & Chips, in Petts Wood Road, is one of six in London and the South East hoping to be named the regional ‘Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year’.
And if chosen it will go onto compete to be named British champion at the 2015 ‘National Fish & Chip Awards’.
Organised by seafood experts Seafish, the eateries will be visited by a mystery diner and judged on taste, sustainability, marketing, and customer service.
Last year’s winner Stuart Fusco said: “Being named Britain’s best fish and chip takeaway was a dream come true.
“The judging process is very rigorous and challenging, but ultimately it comes down to your enthusiasm and love for the industry.”
In October Seafish will announce the top 10 regional shops, which will be given the change to travel to Norway to find out more about one of the world’s most successful and ethical fishing nations.
Chief executive of Seafish Paul Williams explained: “These awards have not only improved the industry standards by consistently rewarding and testing businesses, they have also raised positive awareness of the issues surrounding sustainable fishing practices and encouraged shops to implement sustainable sourcing.”
The overall winner will be named in the capital next January.
- WATCH: Shocking footage emerges of huge late-night fight in Dartford
- Sidcup man who heard voices and believed he had superpowers jumped in front of train, inquest hears
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Bexley police are hunting these six suspected criminals
- UPDATE: Three people arrested on suspicion of firearms offences after armed police stop taxi on A2 at Ebbsfleet
- APPEAL: Man wanted for 'serious assault' in Sidcup