A Bexley Council officer has been suspended after being arrested in connection with a fraud investigation concerning a Bexleyheath care agency.
The unnamed official was detained by police on July 31 as officers looked into allegations of fraud at the Sonia Heway care agency based in Pickford Road.
The agency’s manager Caroline Fawole was also arrested on the same day after an allegation made on July 28.
The pair have been bailed until a date in October. Sonia Heway remains in business.
A Bexley Council spokesman said: “As always our first priority is the welfare of our residents and we have contacted those who have received services from this agency.
“We have suspended a member of staff and will be carrying out our own investigation into the case.
“As the matter is subject to a police investigation, at this stage we have no further comment to make.”
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Anerley man charged with raping 15-year-old schoolgirl and two other sex offences
- What's on this weekend (November 22 and 23)
- Woolwich man to appear in court after allegedly hitting pedestrian with car outside Dartford nightclub
- Man accused of Claire Tiltman's murder told police he knew a man matching suspect's description