Chislehurst’s Kellie Maloney has reportedly hinted at making a return to boxing after having a sex change.
Kellie, 61, recently revealed she had been undergoing hormone treatment and is now living as a woman – having formerly been known as Frank.
The former boxing promoter and manager told the Daily Mirror today that she would like to take up an official role in the sport’s governing body.
She told the newspaper: "I'd like to go back in there to prove them all wrong because I know I could do it.
"I have to rebrand myself. That is my next mission.
“Given everything I have been through in the last couple of years and the decades of experience in boxing I have gained, I would be able to add a lot to the British Boxing Board of Control and help them step out of the past and into the future.”
Kellie, who had a star-studded career in the boxing world, also said she thinks sport could be used to change attitudes towards transgender people in society.
- Naked man spotted 'masturbating' in New Eltham before fleeing with underpants in hand
- PICTURED: Prime Minister makes surprise appearance at Gravesend Vaisakhi celebrations
- Orpington cyclist reunited with stolen bike
- UPDATE: Man hospitalised after A2 crash near Dartford
- London Bridge and Cannon Street closed to Southeastern passengers on Sunday