A Dartford engineer is exhibiting his eclectic sculptures in a gallery in Mayfair and has just sold a piece for £10,000.
Dan Lane, 33, creates the industrial-themed art out of ceiling fans, typewriters and fruit bowls.
The Fleet Road resident’s work will be included in a showcase of 17 of the world’s best emerging artists at Castle Fine Arts gallery in Mayfair this month.
He told News Shopper: “Things have gone a bit crazy over the last few months. I only went public with my art at the end of March and now I'm exhibiting in the UK's best commercial gallery in Mayfair.
“I’ve also just pre-sold one of my sculptures the other day to a Russian for £10,000.”
He has used his 15 years of engineering experience to make surreal sculptures out of bric-a-bric he picks up in fairs or things people donate.
His work was first exhibited in the What if? Gallery in Dartford High Street last month after being spotted on Facebook.
The exhibition will open on Friday (AUG15).
- Dartford woman goes for Miss Speedfest crown
- VIDEO: Sydenham apprentice helps to build gold-medal garden at Chelsea Flower Show
- Figures show Bromley councillors missing more than a quarter of meetings
- UPDATE: Girl found 'safe and well' after 11 days missing with 51-year-old man
- Dartford actress Louisa Faye picks up film role opposite the Incredible Hulk