A convicted thief who authorised refunds for herself at the Hollister store in Bluewater where she worked has been ordered to repay around £60,000.
Erika Martins, 21, of Crown Woods Way, Eltham, pleaded guilty to theft on April 16 at Maidstone Crown Court where she was sentenced to 10 months in prison.
Investigations by Kent Police found Martins had been defrauding her employers at Hollister, where worked as a cashier and sales assistant, by conducting cash refunds to herself.
On August 6 a confiscation hearing deemed Martins had benefitted to the tune of £63,584.
A total of £59,830 made up of seized cash and funds in her bank account was declared available and has been awarded to Hollister as compensation under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
Martins was also ordered to sell her car which was valued at £1,500.
- Teen missing for nearly two weeks may have travelled to Greenwich
- Stat Chat: Top 10 words people look up most in the dictionary
- Pet of the Day Saffi will bring a tear to your eyes
- Can you beat the Austria quiz? Grab a cab for chance to win holiday
- Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera