Chislehurst boxing legend Frank Maloney has told the world he is having a sex change and living as a woman.
The 61-year-old, a past fight promoter and manager of world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis, explained her name is now Kellie and has been having hormone therapy.
In an interview with The Sunday Mirror, wearing a dress and high heels, the Millwall fan said she “was born in the wrong body and have always known I was a woman” – before revealing she is now more than a year into changing gender.
She explained: “I have a female brain. I have never felt comfortable doing boys’ things, playing boys’ games.”
Kellie said she has spent years fearing her secret would come out and has been “mentally tearing myself apart”.
Now reportedly split up from wife Tracey, but remaining good friends, she also said she has never been able to tell anyone in the world of boxing – often perceived to be a macho profession.
But Kellie added: “I hope society will be open-minded. I know I could have done my job in boxing as a female.”
- UPDATE: Two arrests after 15-year-old girl gang-raped in Bromley park
- JAILED: Lidl cashier who let customers through without paying for everything
- Traffic through New Cross after gas leak sparks emergency repairs
- 'Bigoted and xenophobic': Councillors at war following 'vile' and 'hateful' protest in Sidcup
- Travellers pitch up on empty Ikea site in north Greenwich