Chislehurst boxing legend Frank Maloney has told the world he is having a sex change and living as a woman.
The 61-year-old, a past fight promoter and manager of world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis, explained her name is now Kellie and has been having hormone therapy.
In an interview with The Sunday Mirror, wearing a dress and high heels, the Millwall fan said she “was born in the wrong body and have always known I was a woman” – before revealing she is now more than a year into changing gender.
She explained: “I have a female brain. I have never felt comfortable doing boys’ things, playing boys’ games.”
Kellie said she has spent years fearing her secret would come out and has been “mentally tearing myself apart”.
Now reportedly split up from wife Tracey, but remaining good friends, she also said she has never been able to tell anyone in the world of boxing – often perceived to be a macho profession.
But Kellie added: “I hope society will be open-minded. I know I could have done my job in boxing as a female.”
- VIDEO: Man left with head injuries after assault in Slade Green
- 'Hugely proud' Michelin starred chef Atul Kochhar celebrates Petts Wood's Indian Essence's Bib Gourmand
- George Verrier fundraiser in Welling attended by Capital Radio DJ Dave Berry
- Police find drugs hidden in man’s underpants after stopping his car in Pratts Bottom
- Gravesend arts centre coffee morning raises £200 to fight cancer