A pair of shoplifters have been jailed after CCTV images of them published in News Shopper led to their identification.
William Mansfield, 65, of Dryfield Walk, Lewisham and Susan Day, 49, of Earlshall Road, Greenwich, were caught on camera stealing designer glasses at Boots in Broadway Shopping Centre, Bexleyheath.
On February 16 Mansfield and Day went into the store in The Mall and while Mansfield held a bag open Day put £1,900 worth of glasses into it before leaving the shop.
On March 8 Mansfield and Day returned to Boots and Day tried on glasses before handing them to Mansfield who put them in a bag.
They were recognised by staff and chased from the store, but managed to make off with £4,000 of designer glasses.
Shots of the pair were included in News Shopper’s Bexley's Most Wanted feature and Mansfield surrendered himself at Bexleyheath police station in Arnsberg Way on April 24 after a friend told him his picture was in the paper as a wanted man.
Day was traced and arrested at her home on May 12.
Both were charged with two counts of theft and at Inner London Crown Court on July 21 they each pleaded guilty to both.
Mansfield was jailed for 18 months and Day for a year.
- Live news, weather and travel from north Kent and south east London on July 28
- Lloyds Bank to close 200 branches and cut 3,000 jobs after Brexit fallout
- Appeal for missing teenager last seen in Bexleyheath
- WEATHER: Warm but cloudy as rain showers look set to arrive
- Days of cancelled and diverted trains expected in London Bridge this August and September