Do you have the skills to possibly work on the frontline for the security service MI5? Take the listening challenge to find out.
The intelligence service’s English language analysts listen to chatter, such as intercepted telephone conversations, to pick out essential information that will help counter terrorism in the UK.
They need to be able to process information quickly, concentrate for long periods and stay calm under pressure.
To test who might be suitable for the demanding role MI5 has developed a quiz that provides a small taste of the work.
Take this challenge to check your ability to recall detail. You’ll either need to put headphones in or do it somewhere you can have your computer’s volume turned up.
- QUIZ: Ukip or Mel Gibson - can you tell who said these outrageous comments?
- 10 things you might not know about Greenwich’s Royal Observatory
- McBusted caption competition: your funniest, silliest and most outrageous entries
- Beyond Bedlam: 7 reasons why patients were locked up in infamous Beckenham mental hospital
- Photofun: Make us happy by sharing a picture of what makes you smile