An attempted robbery was made on a G4S van in Welling High Street this morning (August 8).
It happened outside the Barclays in Welling High Street at around 10.30pm.
A nearby footpath was been shut off after police arrived.
A G4S spokesman said: “We can confirm an attack was made on one of our crews in the Welling High Street area during the morning of August 8.
"Our courier did not sustain any injuries from this attack. However, as is standard practice at G4S he has been offered counselling and management is on hand to support him.
"The psychological impact that attacks of this nature can have on individuals should not be underestimated.
"Our staff have the right to expect to be able to go about their duties without fear of attack and we are working with the police so that those responsible for this incident can be made accountable for their actions in court."
Richard Taylor works as an apprentice in Bellegrove Property Services in the same road and noticed the commotion.
He said: "The police have taped off a section by the van and the shops so I don't know if the van was robbed or if it was a store.
"I just looked out the window and saw police talking to the driver of the G4S van.
"There were a lot of people outside, around 13 people who had stopped in the street."
A Bexley police spokesman said: "We were called at 10.33am to Welling High Street today following reports of an attempted robbery.
"Officers still on scene dealing and enquiries being made."
Laura Findlay tweeted at around 10.45am: “Just witnessed a robbery in Welling. Two lads on motor bikes took on the cash security van.”
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885721 or email email@example.com
- Mother of Dartford-born Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood says she is 'shocked, saddened, and numbed'
- Rapist gets more jail time after another victim sees his image in News Shopper
- WATCH: Bungling 'robbers' botch getaway on moped after trying to steal cigarettes from Eltham shop
- Woman in critical condition after crash in Bexley
- 'Predatory paedophile' jailed for 21 years for raping boy and indecently assaulting three other children