On Blackheath’s headliner Frank Turner gave a sneak preview of next month’s festival at an intimate launch party last night.
The Wessex Boy singer played a handful of acoustic songs at a soiree thrown at event sponsors John Lewis’ rooftop garden in Oxford Street.
As well as performing, Frank joined world renowned promoter Harvey Goldsmith to announce the winners of the #playonblackheath competition, Rhys Lewis and the Relics.
Greenwich’s Meantime brewery supplied the beers while snacks came from chef Neil Rankin and the Meringue Girls, who will both be at On Blackheath.
Celebrity chef Gizzi Erskine, who will host her own ‘chef’s club’ at the festival was also among the guests at the exclusive gig.
On Blackheath, on September 13 and 14, features sets from Massive Attack, Grace Jones, Aloe Blacc, Imelda May, Levellers and Deptford’s Athlete.
Tickets cost £57.50 for an adult day ticket. Go to onblackheath.com
Earlier this year, Vibe spoke to Frank Turner. Read the interview here.
- WATCH: Colonel Sanders fight Ronald McDonald at Lewisham McDeez
- Taylor Swift support acts named for British Summer Time at Hyde Park
- Tom Jones and Van Morrison team up for BluesFest in Greenwich
- Ex-superbike champion, James Toseland, releases music video filmed in Belvedere
- Chislehurst band set for Isle of Wight Festival