Sewage was flowing down Station Road, Orpington, for three days, causing a stink for people who use the road.
Colin Childs, 50, from Sevenoaks, travels to the road every day to pick up his son up from Orpington station.
He told News Shopper: "It stinks to high heaven. You can see the excrement in it - it is disgusting.
"It was a problem a couple of weeks ago, went away and now it's come back a few days ago.
"I'm not sure why it keeps happening but it is a health hazard - it certainly shouldn't be left for three days."
A spokeswoman for Thames Water said: "We're sorry to people affected by the sewage leak. It was caused by a blockage in the sewer which we cleared on Wednesday (August 6)."
- TRAVEL: Engineering work disrupting trains this weekend
- Woolly Hat Day 2017: We want photos of you in your favourite cosy headgear
- False funding claim revealed in New Bermondsey sports development
- Increasing social care cost puts strain on Bexley council as councillors prepare to debate upcoming budget
- REVEALED: Which companies do you think are keeping their customers most satisfied?