Sewage was flowing down Station Road, Orpington, for three days, causing a stink for people who use the road.
Colin Childs, 50, from Sevenoaks, travels to the road every day to pick up his son up from Orpington station.
He told News Shopper: "It stinks to high heaven. You can see the excrement in it - it is disgusting.
"It was a problem a couple of weeks ago, went away and now it's come back a few days ago.
"I'm not sure why it keeps happening but it is a health hazard - it certainly shouldn't be left for three days."
A spokeswoman for Thames Water said: "We're sorry to people affected by the sewage leak. It was caused by a blockage in the sewer which we cleared on Wednesday (August 6)."
- Runner helping exhausted athlete over finishing line 'is what London Marathon is all about'
- North Korea accused of using south London-based insurers to fund nuclear weapons programme
- Water stations, urinal bays and MP runners: The 2017 London Marathon in numbers
- Police arrest man on suspicion of funding terrorism
- Record number of runners to take on today's London Marathon