Sewage was flowing down Station Road, Orpington, for three days, causing a stink for people who use the road.
Colin Childs, 50, from Sevenoaks, travels to the road every day to pick up his son up from Orpington station.
He told News Shopper: "It stinks to high heaven. You can see the excrement in it - it is disgusting.
"It was a problem a couple of weeks ago, went away and now it's come back a few days ago.
"I'm not sure why it keeps happening but it is a health hazard - it certainly shouldn't be left for three days."
A spokeswoman for Thames Water said: "We're sorry to people affected by the sewage leak. It was caused by a blockage in the sewer which we cleared on Wednesday (August 6)."
- Football fans appealing for permanent memorial for Lewisham great
- Grammy nominated reggae singer Tippa Irie to headline Lewisham People's Day
- Outdoor fun returns to streets and parks at Greenwich and Docklands International Festival
- 5 Thoughts - Men lactating, smashing the kettle, messy travellers and why being a family man isn't the be all and end all
- St Paul's and Big Ben blown up by terrorists (don't worry Gerard Butler's on hand)