Sewage was flowing down Station Road, Orpington, for three days, causing a stink for people who use the road.
Colin Childs, 50, from Sevenoaks, travels to the road every day to pick up his son up from Orpington station.
He told News Shopper: "It stinks to high heaven. You can see the excrement in it - it is disgusting.
"It was a problem a couple of weeks ago, went away and now it's come back a few days ago.
"I'm not sure why it keeps happening but it is a health hazard - it certainly shouldn't be left for three days."
A spokeswoman for Thames Water said: "We're sorry to people affected by the sewage leak. It was caused by a blockage in the sewer which we cleared on Wednesday (August 6)."
- PICTURES AND VIDEO: Lewisham floods as River Ravensbourne burst its banks
- RECIPE: Marks and Spencer’s Christmas pudding
- Gravesend flying ace statue will honour town's war heroes
- 'I'm not a nutter' - Blackheath man uses sign to search for Suzy
- Preparations under way at Chislehurst and Sidcup school to mark Magna Carta 800th anniversary