A concerned local resident says household junk has been dumped in an Orpington road for about a week.
The man, who asked not to be named, says the assortment of mattresses, electronics and even broken mirrors has been brazenly left in Cockmannings Lane.
He said: "It is terrible really - the fact it is just sitting there. How long is it going to be there?
"It is a hazard for drivers - there is a broken mirror and glass everywhere. People go dog walking along there. It needs to be cleared up."
Councillor Colin Smith, executive councillor for environment, said: "In addition to this being a crime scene from which evidence is being sought, our published service standard to clear non-hazardous waste is five working days.
"In cases where a road is blocked, a heightened priority is applied for self-evidently obvious reasons."
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine