A concerned local resident says household junk has been dumped in an Orpington road for about a week.
The man, who asked not to be named, says the assortment of mattresses, electronics and even broken mirrors has been brazenly left in Cockmannings Lane.
He said: "It is terrible really - the fact it is just sitting there. How long is it going to be there?
"It is a hazard for drivers - there is a broken mirror and glass everywhere. People go dog walking along there. It needs to be cleared up."
Councillor Colin Smith, executive councillor for environment, said: "In addition to this being a crime scene from which evidence is being sought, our published service standard to clear non-hazardous waste is five working days.
"In cases where a road is blocked, a heightened priority is applied for self-evidently obvious reasons."
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (October 25 and 26)
- Police appeal after man takes double decker bus from Orpington bus depot and drives it to Shirley
- Queues at re-opened Dartford Tunnel following five-vehicle M25 crash