A concerned local resident says household junk has been dumped in an Orpington road for about a week.
The man, who asked not to be named, says the assortment of mattresses, electronics and even broken mirrors has been brazenly left in Cockmannings Lane.
He said: "It is terrible really - the fact it is just sitting there. How long is it going to be there?
"It is a hazard for drivers - there is a broken mirror and glass everywhere. People go dog walking along there. It needs to be cleared up."
Councillor Colin Smith, executive councillor for environment, said: "In addition to this being a crime scene from which evidence is being sought, our published service standard to clear non-hazardous waste is five working days.
"In cases where a road is blocked, a heightened priority is applied for self-evidently obvious reasons."
- MAPPED: Firework displays 2014
- 10 inappropriate Hallowe'en costumes
- Fireworks and Halloween: What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent
- Dartford man's brain swelling discovered during routine eye test in Bluewater
- Sydenham's Rolf Harris loses first appeal bid