Dartford Council has paid tribute to a councillor who has died.
Councillor Nancy Wightman was first elected to Dartford Council in 2003 as a Conservative member for Brent ward and was re-elected in 2007 and 2011.
This year she was a member of the development control board, licensing committee, policy overview and appointments panel while she was also a member of the Friends of Hesketh Park liaison group.
A Dartford Council spokesman announced the news on the Dartford Council website on Monday (August 4).
He said: "It is with sadness and regret the council has learnt of the death of Councillor Nancy Wightman.
"Our thoughts are with her family at this difficult time."
- 9 things to do in north Kent and south east London this bank holiday and half term
- PubSpy reviews The Guard House, Woolwich
- UPDATE: Dartford Crossing part closed after six vehicle crash
- UPDATE: Commuter describes chaos as teenage girl hit by train at Catford Bridge
- According to national figures, what’s Bexley borough rated so highly for?