Dartford Council has paid tribute to a councillor who has died.
Councillor Nancy Wightman was first elected to Dartford Council in 2003 as a Conservative member for Brent ward and was re-elected in 2007 and 2011.
This year she was a member of the development control board, licensing committee, policy overview and appointments panel while she was also a member of the Friends of Hesketh Park liaison group.
A Dartford Council spokesman announced the news on the Dartford Council website on Monday (August 4).
He said: "It is with sadness and regret the council has learnt of the death of Councillor Nancy Wightman.
"Our thoughts are with her family at this difficult time."
- Saving London from the Great Stink: Abbey Wood's Crossness sewage cathedral reopens to the public
- UPDATE: Police arrest knife-wielding man 'throwing stuff off roof' in Erith
- EXCLUSIVE: Mum of teen stabbed to death in Brockley demands justice after accused killers go free
- 'People were angry about the bullshit': Greenwich Council remove 'disruptive' library campaigners from public meeting
- Northfleet father-of-three jailed after stabbing man with pair of scissors