Dartford Council has paid tribute to a councillor who has died.
Councillor Nancy Wightman was first elected to Dartford Council in 2003 as a Conservative member for Brent ward and was re-elected in 2007 and 2011.
This year she was a member of the development control board, licensing committee, policy overview and appointments panel while she was also a member of the Friends of Hesketh Park liaison group.
A Dartford Council spokesman announced the news on the Dartford Council website on Monday (August 4).
He said: "It is with sadness and regret the council has learnt of the death of Councillor Nancy Wightman.
"Our thoughts are with her family at this difficult time."
- UPDATE: Three people arrested on suspicion of firearms offences after armed police stop taxi on A2 at Ebbsfleet
- APPEAL: Man wanted for 'serious assault' in Sidcup
- WATCH: Armed police arrest man 'with gun' in Sydenham
- Car catches fire and bursts into flames in Catford
- Interview: Ridley Scott’s son Luke prepares to hit the big time with directorial debut Morgan