Dartford Council has paid tribute to a councillor who has died.
Councillor Nancy Wightman was first elected to Dartford Council in 2003 as a Conservative member for Brent ward and was re-elected in 2007 and 2011.
This year she was a member of the development control board, licensing committee, policy overview and appointments panel while she was also a member of the Friends of Hesketh Park liaison group.
A Dartford Council spokesman announced the news on the Dartford Council website on Monday (August 4).
He said: "It is with sadness and regret the council has learnt of the death of Councillor Nancy Wightman.
"Our thoughts are with her family at this difficult time."
- Northfleet pervert jailed after vigilante group tricks him to meet fake schoolgirl for sex
- Terror arrest after 'bomb' alert at North Greenwich station
- Family of Eltham parliament engineer who died from asbestos-related cancer launch legal battle
- Murder accused 'may have cooked and eaten parts of' Greenhithe police officer
- UPDATE: Boy taken to hospital after Chislehurst crash