Dartford Council has paid tribute to a councillor who has died.
Councillor Nancy Wightman was first elected to Dartford Council in 2003 as a Conservative member for Brent ward and was re-elected in 2007 and 2011.
This year she was a member of the development control board, licensing committee, policy overview and appointments panel while she was also a member of the Friends of Hesketh Park liaison group.
A Dartford Council spokesman announced the news on the Dartford Council website on Monday (August 4).
He said: "It is with sadness and regret the council has learnt of the death of Councillor Nancy Wightman.
"Our thoughts are with her family at this difficult time."
- UPDATE: Trapped passengers rescued from top deck of bus after Bromley crash
- VIDEO: McDonald's worker fired after 'humiliating homeless man by throwing burger on the floor'
- APPEAL: Police looking for man who rubbed his groin on 16-year-old girl's back at Chislehurst bus stop
- CALL IN THE BUM SQUAD: Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself jailed
- Police have 'plan in place' to deal with repeat of Northumberland Heath fight