Firefighters rescued an infant from a fire at a block of flats on John Wilson Street in Woolwich.
The fire, which was attended by the emetgency services yesterday afternoon, affected part of the kitchen in a ground floor flat.
The child was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service.
Fire engines from Eltham and Sidcup fire stations attended the incident.
The fire was brought under control at 1519.
- Video shows 'migrants being helped off lorry on M25 in Dartford'
- 'Huge milestone': Green light for 1,500 new Thamesmead homes as huge £1bn regeneration scheme starts
- Crayford Road water pipe repairs complete - road to reopen soon
- Damaged water pipe causes fountain to appear in Blackheath street
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home