Firefighters rescued an infant from a fire at a block of flats on John Wilson Street in Woolwich.
The fire, which was attended by the emetgency services yesterday afternoon, affected part of the kitchen in a ground floor flat.
The child was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service.
Fire engines from Eltham and Sidcup fire stations attended the incident.
The fire was brought under control at 1519.
- Grove Park dog which attacked policeman is stabbed to death during attempted drugs raid
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (Nov 29 and 30)
- Phoenix and Wide Horizons Lewisham project bags £50,000 People's Millions prize
- Mystery of Thamesmead beeping noise solved
- Higham private school headteacher did not abuse expenses, report finds