Firefighters rescued an infant from a fire at a block of flats on John Wilson Street in Woolwich.
The fire, which was attended by the emetgency services yesterday afternoon, affected part of the kitchen in a ground floor flat.
The child was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service.
Fire engines from Eltham and Sidcup fire stations attended the incident.
The fire was brought under control at 1519.
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections
- Man, 22, arrested over Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Panic at Lewisham Hospital after someone shouts 'Ebola' following admission of patient by staff wearing biohazard suits
- Pro golfer-turned police officer back on the golf course to take a swing at anti-social youths