Bexley Council and the police are investigating an area in Thamesmead where a six-year-old boy was killed and a girl was injured within a mile of each other last week.
David Williams died after being knocked over by a van at the junction of Kale Road and St John Fisher Road on July 24 after walking down the road with his family.
Just five hours earlier a teenage girl was rushed to King’s College Hospital with serious injuries, believed to be a broken leg, after being hit by a van less than a mile away in Yarnton Way.
A Bexley Council spokeswoman said they are exploring whether the road layout could be to blame in either of the incidents.
"It is extremely sad to hear of any collision resulting in a fatality in any location across the borough and our thoughts are with the family of this young boy and the family of the young girl who was hurt on the same day.
"We appreciate the heightened concerns raised as a result of both incidents.
"We are working with the police to establish whether the road layout was a contributory factor in either collision. Once we have all the details and information, we will be able to assess whether any safety improvements are needed.
"Looking at the collision data we have available, there has only been two other collisions in this immediate area within the last three years, both occurred in 2011.
"One took place near the junction with Yarnton Way as a driver reversed into another vehicle, and the other in St John Fisher Road as a result of a driver overtaking."
David, a pupil at Bexley Business Academy, was knocked down by a van at the junction of Kale Road and St John Fisher Road on July 24 after walking down the road with his family.
His father, Daniel Williams, aged 46, from Archway told News Shopper that his son was a "happy, smiley" boy who was loved by everyone he met.
- EXCLUSIVE: End in sight for St Paul's Cray residents as Waste4Fuel rubbish mountain set to be cleared
- UPDATE: Witness describes moment man with 'massive kitchen knife' burst through Bexleyheath restaurant
- PICTURED: 'I wouldn't let a flea-ridden dog bathe in there' - mum-of-two slams St Mary Cray's 'hotel from hell'
- WATCH: Armed police arrest man 'with gun' in Sydenham
- UPDATE: Lidl takes action against travellers 'occupying' old Porcupine pub site in Mottingham Road