Duke the dog here really is man’s best friend, or at least boy’s best friend.
The 14-month-old Newfoundland was nominated for Pet of the Day by Kellyanne from Swanley.
Duke loves toys, crabsticks and kids but dislikes birds.
What makes your pet so special? My son is six and has autism. Duke always knows when he is upset or needs a cuddle. We have had him only since last Christmas and the bond between them is lovely.
- Pet of the day: Poppy’s got bags of life
- Pet of the Day: Stevie the Staffie, the guest who stayed to become a best friend
- Stat Chat: Most people say their pet is equally or more important than family
- Pet of the Day: Maisie is one sleeping dog you should let lie
- Cat dead in Mottingham after being shot in the neck