A Bromley care group has launched a new support guide for the borough.
This month Carers Bromley published its ‘Directory of Services’, which provides information for those with the added responsibility of looking after a vulnerable person.
Compiled by organisations across Bromley, it acts “as a signpost” to the help available and a network for people who may need backing in the work they do.
Carers Bromley said: “Many carers don’t recognise themselves as a ‘carer’ – they think of themselves as just people trying to cope as best they can whilst helping to look after a relative or friend who is frail, ill or disabled.
“As a carer it is important to know what help is available. It is not always easy to know where to go to find this information and as a carer. You may have little time and energy to seek it out.”
Visit carersbromley.org.uk or call the Carers Helpline 0800 015 7700 for more information
- Crayford Road water pipe repairs complete - road to reopen soon
- Damaged water pipe causes fountain to appear in Blackheath street
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home
- UPDATE: Teenager in court over North Greenwich Tube station 'bomb' alert
- Police helicopter used in search of Bluewater area for person 'carrying a gun'