A man remains in hospital following a collision between a motorcyclist and a pedestrian in Downham this week.
Bromley police today (July 30) said the victim, believed to be in his 40s, was taken to a south London hospital in a serious condition. His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Officers were called to the scene in Bromley Road at around 9.40pm on Monday and investigations into the circumstances are now ongoing.
London Ambulance Service personnel were joined by a doctor from London's Air Ambulance.
The accident saw the area between Downham Way and Beckenham Hill closed for much of the evening, on a busy night for the emergency services.
Just hours later a building fire caused the A21 stretch to be shut for a second time, with 21 firefighters tackling a blaze at a launderette.
- MAPPED: Firework displays 2014
- 10 inappropriate Hallowe'en costumes
- Police appeal for witnesses after fatal hit-and-run en route to West Wickham
- Ofsted deputy director tasked with improving Bexley's children's services
- Fireworks and Halloween: What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent