A man remains in hospital following a collision between a motorcyclist and a pedestrian in Downham this week.
Bromley police today (July 30) said the victim, believed to be in his 40s, was taken to a south London hospital in a serious condition. His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Officers were called to the scene in Bromley Road at around 9.40pm on Monday and investigations into the circumstances are now ongoing.
London Ambulance Service personnel were joined by a doctor from London's Air Ambulance.
The accident saw the area between Downham Way and Beckenham Hill closed for much of the evening, on a busy night for the emergency services.
Just hours later a building fire caused the A21 stretch to be shut for a second time, with 21 firefighters tackling a blaze at a launderette.
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (October 25 and 26)
- Police appeal after man takes double decker bus from Orpington bus depot and drives it to Shirley
- Queues at re-opened Dartford Tunnel following five-vehicle M25 crash