Park it in the Market, Greenwich’s monthly car and bike exchange, won an award for Best Vintage Event on Tuesday.
More than 60 businesses and entertainers were nominated for this year’s award to determine the best time-honoured event London has to offer.
Co-organiser Johnny Rocket, said he was stunned upon winning the award.
“The amount of work that goes into creating this event is phenomenal, and we would never be able to make it such a success without the support of the Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich Market, the staff, the traders, the retailers, the drivers, riders, and the public. Park It is a proper community event and the award is for all these people. Next event is on the 31st of this month so everyone come and celebrate. Viva la Vintage!”
Gillie Bexson, head of Property, Greenwich Hospital, said: “Park It was up against some serious corporate competition which makes it even more special to be recognised in this way. The local community has backed a true community event, which in turn will benefit the Greenwich Hospital 25,000 naval beneficiaries. Thank you everyone and well done.”
Park it in the Market meets on the last Thursday on every month in Greenwich Market from 7pm.
- Don't forget to change your clocks this weekend
- Bromley police officer fired for misconduct
- Masked man smashes car window and stabs teenage driver during late-night attack in Kidbrooke
- PICTURED: Westminster terrorist was born in Dartford
- Neighbours pay tribute to south London pensioner who was fifth person to die after Westminster terror attack