A Bromley sign asking people to get rid of their chewing gum in a polite manner has landed itself in a sticky situation.
The message has come under fire from users on Twitter for its 'please stick your gum here' prompt.
It asks members of the public to stick their minty chews on a picture of happy, normal, and sad faces.
The sign - how does it make you feel?
The offending post was tweeted by @Kent999s and has prompted some laughs online.
Bromley Council says the whole point of the sign is to avoid gum going on the floor, but some feel the alternative doesn't look any better.
- Two rail strikes set to cause 'travel chaos' across south-east London and Kent
- UPDATE: Air ambulance called to pedestrian hit by a lorry on A2 with multiple 'serious' injuries
- VIDEO: Orpington schoolgirl, 12, star of flick recognised at Cannes Film Festival
- Child actors from south east London star in London production of The Railway Children
- Oscar Wilde classic - adapted by his grandson - comes to Greenwich tonight