A Bromley sign asking people to get rid of their chewing gum in a polite manner has landed itself in a sticky situation.
The message has come under fire from users on Twitter for its 'please stick your gum here' prompt.
It asks members of the public to stick their minty chews on a picture of happy, normal, and sad faces.
The sign - how does it make you feel?
The offending post was tweeted by @Kent999s and has prompted some laughs online.
Bromley Council says the whole point of the sign is to avoid gum going on the floor, but some feel the alternative doesn't look any better.
- Woman dies in Orpington house fire
- Sadiq Khan will not intervene in Lewisham Council compulsory purchase order dispute with Millwall
- 'Do anything because we have no cameras' - Penge biker thief evades identification as nearby CCTV camera was broken
- 'Neglected' garden transformed by Penge volunteers wins award for innovation
- Southern rail to 'restore full train service' from Tuesday as it slams 'futile' action by RMT