A Bromley sign asking people to get rid of their chewing gum in a polite manner has landed itself in a sticky situation.
The message has come under fire from users on Twitter for its 'please stick your gum here' prompt.
It asks members of the public to stick their minty chews on a picture of happy, normal, and sad faces.
The sign - how does it make you feel?
The offending post was tweeted by @Kent999s and has prompted some laughs online.
Bromley Council says the whole point of the sign is to avoid gum going on the floor, but some feel the alternative doesn't look any better.
- Dartford man Joshua Caird, 26, charged with murder of Donna Eastwood
- Mottingham house boarded up after residents suffer abuse from moped-riding youths
- Ex-England and Millwall midfielder tells young Thamesmead footballers: 'Work hard if you want to make it to the Premiership'
- Triumphant return to the stage in Dartford for amateur society in Half a Sixpence
- Father-of-10 sacked as bus driver over wrestling match with passenger