A Bromley sign asking people to get rid of their chewing gum in a polite manner has landed itself in a sticky situation.
The message has come under fire from users on Twitter for its 'please stick your gum here' prompt.
It asks members of the public to stick their minty chews on a picture of happy, normal, and sad faces.
The sign - how does it make you feel?
The offending post was tweeted by @Kent999s and has prompted some laughs online.
Bromley Council says the whole point of the sign is to avoid gum going on the floor, but some feel the alternative doesn't look any better.
- UPDATE: Several people injured in Greenwich bus crash
- Oh dear! Manager tells of moment 'bloody great big deer' runs into West Wickham pub
- Dartford man behind bars over two Albanian kids and 18 adults rescued from sinking ship off Kent coast
- UPDATE: Man bailed after elderly woman dies after being hit by car in Northfleet
- 'Landmark' planning appeal won against Bromley Council