A Bromley sign asking people to get rid of their chewing gum in a polite manner has landed itself in a sticky situation.
The message has come under fire from users on Twitter for its 'please stick your gum here' prompt.
It asks members of the public to stick their minty chews on a picture of happy, normal, and sad faces.
The sign - how does it make you feel?
The offending post was tweeted by @Kent999s and has prompted some laughs online.
Bromley Council says the whole point of the sign is to avoid gum going on the floor, but some feel the alternative doesn't look any better.
- Best friend's plea after 16-year-old girl goes missing from Blackfen
- UK's first McDonald's in Woolwich given hi-tech makeover in light of 40th anniversary
- Joshua Caird, aged 26, will appear in court in January charged with murder of Stone mum, Donna Eastwood
- VIDEO: Brockley's Rivoli Ballroom in new Avengers Age of Ultron trailer
- Southeastern launches 'meet the manager' for public to find out more about Thameslink Programme