Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the rape of a young woman in Plumstead on July 13.
At approximately 4.30am the 19-year-old girl was making her way home via the Gyndon Estate after a night out when she was approached by a man who tried to talk to her.
The woman continued walking but the man pushed her into a bin refuse area situated between some flats on Ann Street and Villas Road, where he assaulted and raped her.
The suspect, who ran towards Raglan Road, had been described as Asian, medium build and between 20 to 30 years old.
Det Con Alexandra Johnson, the investigating officer from the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command, said: "The young woman concerned in this incident was left very distressed by this experience and I am keen to identify the suspect as soon as possible.
"A number of lines of enquiry, including forensic and CCTV have been progressed and I would also like to appeal to anyone who may have seen or heard anything to contact the police.
"The area where the victim was attacked is a residential area and it is possible that someone may have seen the suspect running off towards Raglan Road."
Any witnesses or anyone with any information are asked to call detectives on 020 8721 4653 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 15-year-old boy arrested in Kidbrooke park knifepoint rape investigation
- 'Jordan was preparing to go on a family holiday - now his parents are planning his funeral', police chief says on day arrest made and £10k reward is offered
- 'Simply unbelievable': Strangers turn up with car loads of toys to help a burgled pre-school
- Forest Hill restaurant sparks fury with a tasteless comment saying cats 'taste great with Pinot Grigio'
- Bluewater expansion plans will make it bigger than Westfield